Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Help with purchasing a 2002 Audi TT Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Exclamation Help with purchasing a 2002 Audi TT Roadster

I needed some help deciding whether or not to buy this Audi TT, I have never owned an Audi only leased, but my last Audi 2006 A4 2.0T gave me some trouble. (the oil would keep draining. I took it to the dealer twice before they fixed it. I think it was a problem with the head gasket but I'm not sure)
The reason for my concern is that this Audi has high mileage, approx 110,000 miles and I have never driven a car with such high mileage. If I do decide to purchase the Audi what might I have to replace or repair to keep it in good condition.

It does have a manual transmission so I am expecting to replace the clutch, but I am not sure exactly what that will cost because I've never replaced a clutch.

Other than that what problems might I face. (engine, electrical...)

Here are the specs:

Mileage: 110,000
Body Style: Convertible
Exterior Color: Gray
Interior Color: Black
Engine: 1.8L I4
Transmission: MANUAL 6SPD
Drivetrain: AWD
Wheelbase: 96"

Standard Equipment:
Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Shifter, Power Drivers Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Memory Seat Position, Heated Seat, Rear Air Conditioning, Home link System, Tilt Steering Wheel, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Sunroof, Moon roof, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Key less Entry, Security System, ABS Brakes, Rear Defogger, AM/FM, CD Player, Leather Interior Surface

The car is NOT certified pre-owned so there is no warranty.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 12-25-2008, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

Is there any maint. paperwork on the car? If not, try to find out if the timing belt, etc has been done. Also, look to see if the normal maint. has been done...ie; oil changes, haldex fluid, etc.

As for miles, if there has been normal maint. on the car I wouldnt worry about it to much. Im sure you will have the "normal" items needing attention but that goes with any auto.

Good luck,

Chans

Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the quick response. There are no maintenance records for the car but the dealer claims that it has been well maintained but is selling it "as is" so I'm going to try to get a Record check on the VIN to see what has been reported.
Thanks again!