Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Hazard Relay

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default Hazard Relay

I have another typical issue: clicky relay. Is there any way to tell whether the problem is in the stalk or in the relay without replacing the latter?
Just started today, and basically the "relay" contiunues clicking from behind the hazard switch sporadically after I use the turn signal, hazards, or just a random tick every now and again.

Also, is the hazard switch the same thing? I thought ecs sold the relay, didnt find it but maybe it was because I was looking under 225 and they have it listed elsewhere. genuinevwaudi parts had this listed. Thanks

hazard switch, tt
00-06
$59.85
$0.00
$41.30

Electrical - Chassis electrical - Switches - hazard switch

Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Hazard Relay

Its almost a lock that its the relay. Common problem, easy fix but you need radio keys.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
2nd Gear

I guess that link doesnt work, bah. In any event I heard it was a pia, I havent done much on the car myself except pull the lower dash on both sides, install the boost gauge, and throw an intake on. Bout that level of difficulty? [8D]I seem to remember seeing the keys somewhere el cheap, like 5 bucks hmm. I know I can get mcgyver with file hanger tab but uh rather not.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:11 AM
2nd Gear

bahh, alright ordered the switch and the stupid $5 stereo removal key. weeeee, hopefully I can manage the swap, getting stuck halfway is not cool. also got the aux input on the way since my cd changer is starting to get flaky and not play all discs.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: randomloginname

I have another typical issue: clicky relay. Is there any way to tell whether the problem is in the stalk or in the relay without replacing the latter?
Just started today, and basically the "relay" contiunues clicking from behind the hazard switch sporadically after I use the turn signal, hazards, or just a random tick every now and again.
i have the exact same symptoms bro. havent gotten around to that one yet.

theres a DIY posted on audiworld on exactly how to do it. looks pretty simple. search "hazard relay" on AW and you'll see it. i will probably use the same one when i get around to fixing mine.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:50 AM

i have the exact same symptoms bro. havent gotten around to that one yet.

theres a DIY posted on audiworld on exactly how to do it. looks pretty simple. search "hazard relay" on AW and you'll see it. i will probably use the same one when i get around to fixing mine.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 AM

Same symptoms I have. Relay didn't fix the problem. I'm going to need a new turn signal stalk.

Just for your comparison my symptoms are fast clicking after using the turn signal. Turning this clicking the turn signals dont light up, just sound from behind the relay. I also get sporadic clicking and random single clicks just driving down the road.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the heads up, my turn signals work front and back so I will try the switch since I already ordred it anyways haha.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up, my turn signals work front and back so I will try the switch since I already ordred it anyways haha.
i had some crazy typos in the last post. I meant to say that during the sporadic/fast clicking the turn signals aren't actually blinking. When I do use the turn signal they work correctly and flash/click as they should.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
2nd Gear

hmmm alright then I dont know. Might as well try it at this point, I asuume the stalk replacement is exspensive/pia? I am getting abs sensor, rear sway links, brake flush , tranny and diff fluid replaced this week already, I love the tt but gd. At least the maintenance wont have to be done again for years.

Quick Reply: Hazard Relay