Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

halo rings and head light removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: halo rings and head light removal

well thanx for the tips guys, anyone have any pics of there angel eyes?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

last thins what is the right ovaerall size on the high beam depth, just making sure i got the right ones, yhe ones i got ar 2- 7/10", thanks again.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

oh hell. I dont know about depth.
I tried taking pictures of them when i got them on... but the lens glare washes out the picture and you cant see it in the pictures. sorry

Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

I was lurking and had to log in to throw in my two cents. A heat gun is $20 and an Audi TT headlight is about $200. The oven is a great technique but the tabs on the top of the headlightare thin and fragile.there are also risks of melting the lens.Do your self a favor and use a heat gun. It is easier to get part of the housing seperated from the lens and just heat the sealant as you go. Its even fun watching the sealant get warm and start to melt. It is not fun trying to grip a big hot piece of plastic fresh out the oven.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

The bumper removal is a lot easier than it sounds. Especially after the 1st time doing it. I think I could get the bumper off now in less than 10mins and that includes taking the wheels off also.
Yeah, i dont have the lower bolt attached behind the ic either
I didnt want to admit it but I third that.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
cmh

Diehlryan do you want to come down to Annapolis and walk me through the bumper removal/clear corner mod? I just got the smoked riso's in the mail and have never pulled the bumper. I have a 2 car garage you could pull yours too-

Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: cmh

Diehlryan do you want to come down to Annapolis and walk me through the bumper removal/clear corner mod? I just got the smoked riso's in the mail and have never pulled the bumper. I have a 2 car garage you could pull yours too-
Absolutely. Let me know when. I can come and help. I have the torx bit and tools to get it done too (if you dont.) PM me and I'll shoot you my cell phone # to call.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Indiepunk

It is not fun trying to grip a big hot piece of plastic fresh out the oven.
I would hardly call it hot. if you set the oven to 170F and put them in for 10 minutes... they come out at approximately the temperature of urine. If that is too hot for you to touch... or you think it'll melt your lens, by all means, use a heat gun. I opted NOT to use a heat gun because it was WAYYYYYY too hot. If you wanted to take extra precaution, use a hairdryer, I think it'd be plenty warm enough to soften the sealant. remember... you only want it warm enough to soften it, not melt it.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm make believe

then you want to soften it again and remove all of the old stuff so you can use all new sealent so you dont miss a spot and then look like crap with a fogged headlight or 2 [:'(]

Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Guru

or just leave the halos for bmw's and do all the other stuff they talk about in here

Quick Reply: halo rings and head light removal