Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Haldex Performance controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Haldex Performance controller

Lookin at the blue series controller. Anyone have one installed on their TT? Does it really help with the Quattro performance of the car, and is it really worth the money? Anywhere else i could get one from besides HPA cuz price is pretty steep!!![:-]

Old 02-25-2007, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Haldex Performance controller

Yes it helps with the way the stock Haldex is set up. Normally you are running and 80/20 bias to the front and the only time it delivers any more power to the rear is when the system detects slippage.

The blue Haldex will make it go to 50/50 which will also tend to lessen the amount of understeer you have.

The orange controller makes the Haldex act pretty much like the Torsen system on the other Quattros. It keeps the rear wheels engaged even under braking.

You can sometimes find one on the classifieds on Vortex when someone is demodding their car.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:38 PM

Have you even bought your TT yet?

Just yesterday you were asking about differences in model years you were looking at.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
1st Gear

lol, sorry to sounnd like an idiot askin these questions but i havent brought one yet, but will have one like i a week or so and i will have a couple grand left over for mods after i buy it, so i just wanted to know what was worth the money

Old 02-26-2007, 11:55 AM
3rd Gear

So y even buy the blue one, and not the orange one, or is the orange just for like "track use only" kinda deal. Anyone know where to get them alittle cheeper???

Old 02-26-2007, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear

ecodetuning.com use to sell them for 750 frees shipping so when i'm ready to buy it i'll mention the last time i saw it listed as that and tell them i'll only buy it for that price since its the best price i've seen... i think i'll just go with the blue for street use dont go to the track all the much

Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

I'm going with the Orange since most of my driving is track or on the way to the track, with the exception of a trip thrown in here or there.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
3rd Gear

Is it alot differnt driving with the orange vs. the blue. I would like the orange (i think) but whats the deal with it not engaging when the brakes are applied, why? I guess my main question is the pro and cons of each and which one I would need for everyday driving with pretty steady track time. (twice a month)

Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

When the brakes or ABS kick in, the Blue controller allows the Haldex to release power to the rear wheels to maintain the stock feel to the car under braking. The Orange keeps the power going to the wheels as well as any engine braking. Which in turn will add oversteer, which for the average joe driver is probably hazardous particulary on wet or slippery roads.

I'll be able to tell you more about the Orange controller after I get it in later in March. I've got a track day in Mid-April so by that time I will have been able to test it on the street and the track.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear

yeah, i'm used to driving a mustang with no ABS, Traction Control, or anything smart at all on it so i probably wouldin't mine the orange unit, but i'll think i'll just go with the blue. Does it transfer the power to the rear wheels when u accelerate hard because thats how u seem to get the best launch.

Quick Reply: Haldex Performance controller