Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

GT2X turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GT2X turbo

The GT2X and turbo inlet pipe and highflow exhaust mani is on the way. ATP is having to write a file for my 2002 TT cuz they didnt have one for my ecu. Hope that doesnt take too long and it should be the same price as the others. So 2002 Audi TT 180 which I believe all have the same ecu will soon be able to do a good upgrade with the GT2X. I think I will have the turbo and parts put on and see how things work while I wait for the file. When all said and done I hope to around 260 - 270 whp. I will post the dyno when all is done and let you all know how things run.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

alot of good info in this thread, sounds like it'll be awesome TTsteve.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

may i ask why you went with atp's tuning too, and not unitronic? was it price?

doing a little research on this right now.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:02 PM
2nd Gear

for the most part it was the price, their kit comes with the injectors and software and a couple other things needed for the injectors and all for $795. Even though they didnt have a file for my ecu yet they are creating one and it will be like their other software kits specifically for the GT2X. Also I wasnt sure if I wanted a boost controller. Mainly Im just hoping their software will be good since it is designed for their product. I havent purchased the software yet cuz they will have to create the file. The unitronic, is it specifically for the GT2X per ecu's? I dont know anything about either software so I guess I am going to be the guiene pig for this. I am still open to any software that will give a good setup for this turbo so if you can give any more info on unitronics I would appreciate it. And on the boost controller too. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

Renn will you be able to get me some more details on unitronics tuning? And will they maybe come down to the same price as ATP with the same parts? Thanks.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:13 AM
1st Gear

What kind of details are you looking for bud? I'm not sure what you're specifically looking for.

Price is not changing. Unitronics is very hard on their pricing. $890 is the price. I could try to get you a nice fueling price (440cc injectors and chip - just like ATP's fueling kit). The pricing will be about $1120 as a package.

If you read up on it, however, you'll see that the Unitronic tuning is superior, and well worth the price.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear

The info Im looking for is what psi do they set their chip at and at what rpm does it start to kick in and what rpm does it start to drop off? At $1120 is that with the boost controller too? I would like to run without one but am open to it but then I would need a gauge too. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:39 AM
1st Gear

you need a boost gauge either way. that should be the first mod any turbo enthusiast should do.

sure. we should be able to do that.

$1120 for the fueling kit. it'll include: injectors, unitronic big turbo file and a mbc!

we'd suggest setting the boost at about 18-20psi on 91-93oct.

with the big turbos you really want to run with a mbc. the boost will be much more stable, and the unitronic software is written for it.

as you can see on the following graph, the turbo starts spooling very early and seems to have full boost at already around 34-3500rpm - the torque (due to the gt2x still being relatively small) goes down after 4500rpm, but stays over 250whp til 5500rpm and still over 200whp til redline... however, with a little better tuning (read unitronic) you should be able to get even more steam out of the topend as well:

Old 02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
1st Gear

I would reccommend the eliminator kit atp just came out with for the transverse(if you have a quattro) the GT2871R. And also to take full advantage buy the ATP/MIKA tuned fueling kit(includes software and 475cc injectors I believe). eliminator kit ($1950) fueling kit($750???). But then also adding manifold and downpipe will improve hp. They reccommended to me that once the clutch slips get a new one after but not before. Last thing, has anyone seen the virtual exhaust system? Looks impressive and much cheaper over buying a full 3" exhaust. Not trying to start any fights just let me know what you think!

Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

We use the same base parts but use Unitronic for the tuning. Our package is slightly more, but the Unitronic software is in our opinion a superior choice.

Quick Reply: GT2X turbo