Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

GT2X turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default GT2X turbo

Hi all, new to the forum. I have a 2002 Audi TT FWD 180 hp with a GIAC chip, downpipe, borla catback, P-flow CAI, and a bailey diverter. I am thinking about getting the gt2x as a bolt on and not upgrade the injectors etc. How much whp do you think I would end up with? I think Im at about 210 whp now.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GT2X turbo

The transverse GT2X is now out for the 180 fwd's at $1300 for turbo and install hardware. Dyno shows 250 whp on stock exhaust and manifold. Im thinking of getting it along with their highflow exhaust manifold and turbo inlet pipe. Software (injectors included) with them too (or maybe GIAC or others will quickly come out with some tuning). All will come out to $2700. With my other upgrades; 2.5 full highflow exhuast wider MAF and CAI I should get atleast 250 or more whp. And if their dynos are on the money it should be more, but I always go with a little below their dynos which are conducted under great conditions. 250 whp should make for a quick 180 TT. They have with the GTRS too but I want my car for daily driving and will need the low to medium end power.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

i would highly suggest the gtrs version, but sure the gt2x isn't bad either .. a huge step up for you!

call or e-mail us and we'll set you up with everything.. including the chip! we do Unitronic for all big turbo setups.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:21 PM
2nd Gear

So you have the turbo, install kits, and software for the transverse GT2X? What is the price for all that? I would like to put in the GT2X and get the software done without having to do the injectors, if that is possible. I like the GT2X beause I like the quick spoolup for getting off the line quicker and have heard the GTRS has some lag in it. I will also be getting a highflow turbo inlet pipe and probably a new highflow exhaust manifold.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

You definitely need injectors for any of these kits.

The TT GTRS kit will be $3619 (taking orders now) and it includes:

GTRS 'Eliminator' Turbo Kit
High Flow Manifold
440cc Injectors
Unitronic Software
Boost Controller
TT225 MAF

As some may notice with this list of parts, we've added the boost controller and MAF in the kit, and we will do this to all the complete kits we sell, since it is required for solid/safe performance.

As far as the lag... don't worry! it's not bad at all! I never recommend anything less than the GTRS. You will have plenty of hp already by 3300rpm and you'll have full boost (18 - 20psi max recommended on pump gas) by 3800 rpm... and after that, hold on!!!!

/Emil

Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
1st Gear
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear

Well I have decided to go with the GT2X and have bought it along with a highflow exhaust manifold and a turbo inlet pipe. Should be here soon. Renn can you give me more info on the Unitronic software? I havent purchased any software for the GT2X yet cuz I want to shop around and see whats out there. Does Unitronic support the GT2X and what are the specs if they do? And the Price too. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

Definitely, there's a tune for the GT2X, as well!

The price for the Unitronic ECU is the same for all big turbo 1.8T engines: $890

Did you get the injectors already as well?

Old 02-06-2006, 09:00 PM
2nd Gear

Can you give me some specs on the tunning? Like what psi it uses for the GT2X and what the dyno loos like? Does it matter which type of car it is for like the transverse or the longitude? Yes I have the injectors coming too. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

unitronics tunes are usually gorgeous. my a/f was dead on the entire powerband.

the boost has to be set with a boost controller with unitronic. that's why our kits include them. trust me, you'll like how much more solid your performance will be anyway. you can easily run 17-20psi on pump gas and a bit higher on race.

not sure what you mean by if it matters if it's transverse vs longitude.. are you talking about dyno peak hp numbers?

to give an example of unitronics tuning.. look at the dyno that sean posted a few days ago. it's a tt225 dyno with just the unitronic tuning. remember, this is on a mustang dyno:

Quick Reply: GT2X turbo