Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

GT2X follow up

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GT2X follow up

Well Im still trying to figure out where about 30 to 40 whp has gone to. I bought the Ross-Tech Vag com and its great. Well worth the money. It gave me a drop in pressure from the turbo to the throttle body and an evap emissions leak.

I think I have the evap emissions leak figured out but the pressure drop has me for right now. I will have to have a shop recheck everything that was put on with the new turbo to make sure all the parts have a good seal. I checked my diverter valve by pushing the valve inside and checking to feel for air flow and there was so I assume it is OK. Is that how you check for a bad diverter valve?

Are the crank case hoses part of the vacuum seal? My lower crank case hose was torn by the install guys they just stuck a hose in there and I cant clamp it down cuz its in a very hard place to reach and it looks like oil is coming out from it. This is probably my evap emissions leak but I dont know if it would cause the pressure drop too.

But the car does pull harder with more torque and it will be a pretty fast car when I can get that missing whp in there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Old 04-25-2006, 02:42 AM
3rd Gear

man that sucks i would def get that hose clamped and make sure no oil is coming out the way your describing your loss of power it sounds like a vaccum is not secure. though i'm not sure that the crankcase has anything to do with that Audi's are weird

Old 04-28-2006, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

you get that leak fixed ttsteve?

Old 12-26-2006, 08:52 PM

Hope you get it runing soon!. I have the same turbo on my Seat Leon 1.8t 180hp. Did the complete setup in just 3 days, used APR k04 software and with some V-Tune and MBCI was off... 232whp @ 20psi. 380cc injectors @ 4 bar.
it´s a nice turbo, but I think it´s not worth it... I´m willing to change it for the gt28rs ASAP.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

In a FWD you could put up better numbers in a k04-001...with less headaches and OEM quality. Hell, you could put up better numbers with the stockk03. A k03 on a FWD can make almost 260whp with the right mods and some good tuning.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2901711

Almost $3000 for a turbo kit only CAPABLE of 230hp? Am I the only one rasing an eyebrow to this? Or am I completely missing something? Seems to me that three grand would be better spent beefing the K03 sytem to its upper limits THEN upgrading the turbo and actually making power.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 PM
2nd Gear

Well the turbo was about $1200. As you can see from my mods list below that I have done quite a bit of the mods for the FWD and Im still not at 230 whp. So I think you would need the bigger turbo for sure. My problem right now is I am still only getting 5 psi of boost. I am going up to ATL after the holidays and see if someone up thre can figure it out. Dont trust anyone in Augusta. Im pretty sure its something small at this point, I had ATP rebuild the turbo (they covered it $$$ wise) and now I think its just an open waste gate or bad MAF or something like that. I tried disconnecting the MAF and didnt really notice any difference. Just cant get past 5 psi. Hopefully its just a small thing. But if I get it all fixed I should be close to the 300 crank HP with all the other mods I did. Will just have to wait and see. Anyone know a good place in ATL?

Old 12-28-2006, 10:50 AM
3rd Gear

Sounds like your ECU is in the "limp mode" its only will allow for it to run about 5psi because something was messed up earlier, dunno may want to check into it.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

I thought turning the car off and then on again would reset that. Plus my ECU is tuned by Unitronics so Im not sure if can still do the limp mode thing or not. It does kinda seem like that though. After I got the turbo back from ATP I had it put on and the turbo seemed to be kicking in but I didnt want to hit it hard for a day or so to see how things did but later in the first day I noticed that even when I got to 4000 rpms the turbo wasnt kicking in. So here I sit and wonder.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:07 PM
3rd Gear

Hmmm... got me that is about all I can think of,

1. Ecu
2. DV
3. Wastgate

So we know that exhaust is passing thru the turbo itself but something is releasing the air so you only get 5psi, so it has to be one of those things maybe they messed up your ecu? Who knows? Good luck, if I have any ideas ill be sure to let you know.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm make believe

you and surfo both have had many troubles with that stupid turbo. But i do belive that a ko4 sw with be the best tune for the 2x since they are very simular in size. Also with only 5psi you are deffinatly in limp. Turning the car on and of will not clear codes. Use a vag cable if you have one or know someone that does to determine the code(s). If not disconnect the neg terminal of your battery for 5-10min to reset the ecu. This will clear all codes and if they reappear then you really have a problem. Many times you have a code it corrects itself but still holds you in limp untill you clear the code. surfo's thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2665305

Quick Reply: GT2X follow up