Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

gt2871r or gt3071r

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

plus gas is going back up hahaha

Old 01-13-2009, 01:37 AM
4th Gear

ok key is driveability... you only have the one car i assume... if your wanting to throw down 500hp your going to need A LOT! i mean, fmic, full exhaust, injectors, manifolds, turbo... its just going to be a ridiculous amount of money, but on top of it, think about the bitch of a clutch youll need. unsprung clutch is what handles the power, but FAR from daily driver...

that being said, id shoot for a 3071r at ~375... thatll be plenty, while still being driveable with something such as a spec stage 3+ clutch, and all that **** i mentioned earlier... dont cheep out, but expect to pay a lot of money on this project

Old 01-13-2009, 09:01 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jojoenglish85
to push 500hp your audi would need way more then what you listed lol.
Umm i have the 2871r turbo setup, i still need injectors and a new tune then i can easily get over 320hp, but as with a built engine you would still need a new tune no matter what so if you get everything you mentioned, plan on getting a tune(chip) because all your upgrades would be for naught.

This is what i did to a modded prelude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgDPRD__0pY

and here is a video of my current upgrades i think lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUl4nyWjyYg
Last summer I brought it to a few shops (hard to find in my area) and had the car checked out as far as what had been done to it before i bought it. My understanding and what many of the shops pointed out is there has been a lot of work already done but on the stock turbo. East Coast said that with the exhaust, chip and a bunch of little things done under the hood i should be at 315 hp now...crank of course. It deffinitely goes and gets there fast. I never thought i would hit red line in 6th but i guess it will do it on what is done.

That said, Either turbo i go with they want to hit the high end of its performance efficiency. Specs say 460 hp based on how the car is setup. I'm sure someone on here can elaborate for me but based on specs and what they said to do to get there it seems logical.

I guess based on the lag comment I will stay away from the 3071r. Not a fan of lag really. I'm used to my second maybe two at 2 grand.

As far as boring it to a 2.0...has anyone had it done and if so what is the cost. I was pretty sure the engine could handle what i want to do as long as i did the pistons and rods.

Clutch wise I have looked and looked and i think im going to put a stage 4 through clutchmasters in it. I live in an area where there are not that many street lights and long straightaways. And beside my clutch is shot to the point of engaged or not anyway so it cant really be too worse.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 AM

^i think cincy has done the 2.0.

Don't really need to change out the pistons(more of a thing if your there do it) along with rods do injectors. But if you PM cincy he'll help ya out a lot.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lennyauditt
^i think cincy has done the 2.0.

Don't really need to change out the pistons(more of a thing if your there do it) along with rods do injectors. But if you PM cincy he'll help ya out a lot.
Thanks

Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ cincy DID change his pistions and rods.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ericcota2003
Last summer I brought it to a few shops (hard to find in my area) and had the car checked out as far as what had been done to it before i bought it. My understanding and what many of the shops pointed out is there has been a lot of work already done but on the stock turbo. East Coast said that with the exhaust, chip and a bunch of little things done under the hood i should be at 315 hp now...crank of course. It deffinitely goes and gets there fast. I never thought i would hit red line in 6th but i guess it will do it on what is done.

That said, Either turbo i go with they want to hit the high end of its performance efficiency. Specs say 460 hp based on how the car is setup. I'm sure someone on here can elaborate for me but based on specs and what they said to do to get there it seems logical.

I guess based on the lag comment I will stay away from the 3071r. Not a fan of lag really. I'm used to my second maybe two at 2 grand.

As far as boring it to a 2.0...has anyone had it done and if so what is the cost. I was pretty sure the engine could handle what i want to do as long as i did the pistons and rods.

Clutch wise I have looked and looked and i think im going to put a stage 4 through clutchmasters in it. I live in an area where there are not that many street lights and long straightaways. And beside my clutch is shot to the point of engaged or not anyway so it cant really be too worse.
Hey i understand what you mean.

My car had been chipped and lowered before i bought it.

In a years time i have done:
GT2871R Turbo Kit
turboxs dv
full samco turbo hoses
42draft 3" DP
Custom 3" APR Exhaust

basicaly to run my tune well over 300hp to the wheels correctly i need injecters and a new chip, to readjust how my car runs with all the new added mods.
---------------------

what i want to get is below:

New lighter Flywheel & Clutch
Water Meth Inj. Kit
Front mount Intercooler

With those mods, you will deffinately be well of the 300hp to the wheels mark and that means you will most likely roast anything on the road, especialy annoying hondas hahaha

Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
4th Gear

jojo your running a 2871 with no fmic or clutch? what can our stuck clutches handle

Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jojoenglish85
Hey i understand what you mean.

My car had been chipped and lowered before i bought it.

In a years time i have done:
GT2871R Turbo Kit
turboxs dv
full samco turbo hoses
42draft 3" DP
Custom 3" APR Exhaust

basicaly to run my tune well over 300hp to the wheels correctly i need injecters and a new chip, to readjust how my car runs with all the new added mods.
---------------------

what i want to get is below:

New lighter Flywheel & Clutch
Water Meth Inj. Kit
Front mount Intercooler

With those mods, you will deffinately be well of the 300hp to the wheels mark and that means you will most likely roast anything on the road, especialy annoying hondas hahaha
Your signature shows that you have the GAIC chip in your car.

A) what software and the reason i asked is that when i had mine installed they gave me three different versions other than the programs. I picked the most aggressive as they stated it which they said was 75 hp and around the same in torque.

B) can't awe just remap the GAIC chip you have installed to work with the 2871r. I was told by the shop that is going to do the work that they would just remap my software to accomadate the new turbo.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

^^^Ya im not running a fmic or aftermarket clutch yet, i run just fine though.
also i have the GIAC X chip, the thing is you just have to go get it remapped for your new turbo, thats pretty much it though. ya so just make sure you get remmaped after the new turbo, you don't have to right away but it sure will save you alot of gas and cells lol.

Quick Reply: gt2871r or gt3071r