Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

got my 01 TT225 have some Q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006 | 02:42 PM
|
1st Gear
Default got my 01 TT225 have some Q's

Well guys i got an 01 TT225 quattro with 80k miles for 13,500 bucks in perfect condition. Still haven't believe i got it that cheap but i found two small problems

right hand tail lights are out all 3 bulbs and the dash is telling me what looks like a bulb with and X through it. found it funny they all went out not just one. Anyone had this happen

Also the dash lights. the lights that tell the phone the center computer lights and milleage all light up but the backlights for the tach it's self are dead is this a fuse?

I'm going to go to auto zone after work for parts can someone tell me if they had ether of these problems what what to do.

Thanks guys.
Happy to be back in a TT

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:00 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: got my 01 TT225 have some Q's

could be your cluster is gone

Old 09-14-2006 | 01:29 AM
3rd Gear

i'd say the cluster is going out. about 800 for a replacement. and audi pretty much has to do it so the mileage is correct. it should be covered by audi but we need to take it up with audi usa. the audi in the uk is replacing all of the defective ones over there due to a faulty microproceser. and audi usa denys this or simpy wont acknoledge it.

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:00 PM
|
1st Gear

Dang 800 bucks? wow thats depressing.
so that goofie thing controls the backlighting.

Least the tail light looks to be just a bad bulb.

WOW 800 bucks i'm depressed. stinks too because everything works on the dash computer lights up the millage the temp the date. just the backlight for the tach it's self.

well guess i'll be driving in the dark for a while before i can shell out that kind of cash.

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:08 PM
|
1st Gear

Hey you seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...QQcmdZViewItem

It's got perfect feedback they rebuild yours so the millage doesn't change then send it back 100% working.

What do you guys think?

I think i'm going to do teh timing belt and drive in the dark for a while

does this thing cause any other problems if i just use it as it?
All the gauges seem to work computer works it can switch between the MPG hous till service and all the stuff. So with only the backlights dead i don't think this would hurt anything

Old 09-14-2006 | 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BlackRaptor

Hey you seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...QQcmdZViewItem

It's got perfect feedback they rebuild yours so the millage doesn't change then send it back 100% working.

What do you guys think?

I think i'm going to do teh timing belt and drive in the dark for a while

does this thing cause any other problems if i just use it as it?
All the gauges seem to work computer works it can switch between the MPG hous till service and all the stuff. So with only the backlights dead i don't think this would hurt anything
These guys have rebuilt several for the gang in the Audiworld forum. Good company and stands behind their warranty.

Do any of the backlights work elsewhere? Climate control, radio etc? If not, the problem may not be with the cluster but rather the interior dimmer switch in the headlight controller.

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

thats goood to know awesome. that makes me wanna keep my car now!!! the only car i'll trade for is a MK4 surpa tt

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:47 PM
|
1st Gear

it seems dark on the dash but it could just be me.

The lights for the computer light up and the odomiter lights up and the time and date light up. if i move the dimmer around these get brighter and darker so the dimmer seems to work. the sataion on the radio lights up and the temp setting on the climate control also lights up.

also the little red lights over which preset on the radio station your on light up.

Does this still sound like the cluster? Best i can tell everything works other then the back lights for the gauges.

Hey i replaced the two main bulbs on the tail light last night still dead and the computer screen says bad bulb i noticed theres a 3rd smaller bulb i didn't replace.
The backup lights work the break lights work the signal lights work just the tail light part is dead. if one bulb is out are they all out? please tell me this is an easy one bulb fix.

Old 09-15-2006 | 01:12 PM
|
1st Gear

Doing this write up half awake so please bear with me.

I fixed my lights and my dash lights. All i have to say is the audi has the wiring system from hell.

Okay here we go

We pull the tail light out we're really confused because the break lights work the blinkers work and the reverse lights all come on but hte tail light it's self it dead this is the right tail light.
So we put new bulbs in nothing we hook a test light up to it no power what so ever at this point we rip into the fuse pannle and find out the right tail light fuse is dead which we could not figure out where it was losing power * need a service manual* So what we dicided after a while was to bridge the right and left tail light fuses together so both tail lights use one fuse now not two.
Here is where things get weird soon as we did this the tail lights worked great. then i look inside the car the Dash lights are on too! the tach is all lit up so is the radio everything work work all hte lights cam back on and all because the right tail light wasn't being powered.
Can someone say weird. haha

Old 09-15-2006 | 06:16 PM
3rd Gear

you should take pics of the fuse panel and the bridge you made of the two

Quick Reply: got my 01 TT225 have some Q's