Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Going To The Army...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

Firstly congrats, chose the wrong service but well done anyways (navy guy here). I suggest you wait till you have finished your schooling first, unless that money is guaranteed even if you don't finish the school, which is rare. I would put aside a couple grand for your car and hold the rest, your going to be making some tax free dollars VERY soon i bet and then from their you will know more what you want to do!

On the career front i suggest you try to become a ranger, i work with rangers all the time and they are the best the army has to offer, better than the green berets in my opinion.(Have worked with both)

Oh and don't listen to warranty225cpe and join the Air Force, they are a joke except for the PJ's! Sorry buddy hahaha!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

no doubt man, ill look into the rangers for sure, everyone is right though, i don't want to blow money on the car and im sure my mind frame will change ounce i get in there lol. I feel like its a good move for me to join and im going to make the best of it. I will get the tune but thats about it and some injectors. Ill even trade someone my test pipe for a boost and accesories if they want to lol. Let me know thanks guys.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear

[QUOTE Oh and don't listen to warranty225cpe and join the Air Force, they are a joke except for the PJ's! Sorry buddy hahaha![/QUOTE]

You might want to listen, considering PJs and combat controllers are the same thing not the kind of guy to toot my own horn, rather share my experiences so you don't have to go through the same.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

im not stressed out about the DI being in my face 24/7 for 52 weeks...yet lol
im not going to not enlist because im afraid of them breaking me down to rebuild me as a better person and soldier, if that makes sense.

Anyways i miss my ko4 haha just had a freindly run with my buddy in his souped up GTI
his ko3 spools at damn near 2.5k but he has APR tune along with every other mod known to man kind. I ate his *** up from a 30roll and up and a dig and he spanked me from a 10roll twice i got him ounce lol. I so need a tune, i was kinda embarrased. but not realy the GTI is a good car.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by warranty225cpe
[QUOTE Oh and don't listen to warranty225cpe and join the Air Force, they are a joke except for the PJ's! Sorry buddy hahaha!
You might want to listen, considering PJs and combat controllers are the same thing not the kind of guy to toot my own horn, rather share my experiences so you don't have to go through the same.[/QUOTE]

My bad! Then your awesome, i work with PJ's too and they are good guys! I guess you do learn something new everyday!

Your right that being in the military at a low rank can be tough, but the benefits (especially now in our economy) definitely outweigh the downside.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM
4th Gear

ha thats 3 of us. i joined the marines and leave in march as well... thinkin about givin up the tt though

Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

argh! The marines! Why! Good luck to you buddy, if you can afford to keep the TT or sell me some parts and then sell it!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 AM
4th Gear

^ill def be able to afford it, ill be questioning whether or not i can afford other things. ive got my eye on evo viii's and 135i's

Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ the price difference from an evo VIII to a 135i is damn near $20k. lol.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
4th Gear

shhh, idk about bonuses and what not (crosses fingers)

cant a man have a dream? lol

Quick Reply: Going To The Army...