Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Gettin chipped today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Gettin chipped today!!!!

I cant wait!!!! Dropped the car off last night, and hopefully by the days end I will have the Revo Chip, new DV and new Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors up front!!! Today is going to suck, Im at work and all I can think about is taking the backroads home tonight with the new found HP and Braking. Looks like its going to be a long day.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Gettin chipped today!!!!

Sounds good, what hp gains are you gonna get from the chip?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

They are telling me a minimum of 30 HP and 50 trq. I have never messed with chips before, to me it sounds a bit much just for messing with a computer. I guess anything is possible. They are going to dyno it when I go pick it up, so I will post the actual when I get the results. Either way any improvement is better.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
6th Gear

well with turbo cars you can tweek them for a lot of HP gains via increasing boost pressure.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
1st Gear

Being an ex Turbo Buick owner (86 Grand National), let me tell you the power you can pull out of a turbo car with a simple chip switch is bananas. Of course, switching chips in the Buick took literally 1 minute. But it was nice when keeping one 91 octane chip for street, then another for 100 octane, and a third for 116 in the glove box. I would guess the difference between the 91 octane setting and the C16 setting to be somewhere around 80 hp and probably 150+ lbs/ft of torque.

Peter

Old 08-10-2005, 03:49 AM
1st Gear

Congrats on the mods Atitude. So how do u like it, should be pullin alot better!! I just got my TT chipped last wednesday. I went with the APR chip and 4 programs, they also put on a full Apr exhaust. The TT drives how it was meant to be with the chip. I'm thinking big brake kit for next year, what did u go with for the brakes?

Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

ENJOY!

Old 08-10-2005, 11:38 PM
1st Gear

Keep me posted on how those brakes work for ya.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back in here. So I was going to get the car chipped, and the shop pulled the ECU and it already had an APR chip in it. I guess thats what happens when you buy a used car. You never know what you are going to get. Anyway because it was already chipped, I had them upgrade the BOV and install a short throw shift kit, along with the brakes. By the way Brembo rotors up front (stock size, cross drilled) and EBC Green Stuff pads, HOLY CRAP!!! The car stops on a dime!!! I would HIGHLY recommend the short throw shifter, it awsome, it cut my throw by like 40%. Tomorrow I am ordering the APR Exhaust, and having a vent mounted boost gauge installed, and the mantis gauge kit in front of the shifter installed with an oil pressure gauge and an EGT gauge. Depending on what that runs I may try to upgrade my clutch too.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

Do you have the website address for the vent mounted boost gage? I am thinking of some future upgrades and only recently saw a picture of one of these in a different forum.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Gettin chipped today!!!!