Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Fuel gauge / Range Estimator

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Default Fuel gauge / Range Estimator

So, I've figured out that my Distance to Empty gauge on my TT is suddenly way off... The passed two full tanks of gas has had me at '0 mi' at around the time the needle hits the first red line on the analog Fuel Gauge as seen here:

So, in an effort to determine which gauge was accurate, I drove another 10 miles or so after the Distance to Empty read '0 mi' . (I was wondering if it was gonna start showing me negative miles, lol)

Is there anyway to calibrate this meter? Or is this just one more reason why the gauge clusters in our cars suck and die all the time?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:54 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fuel gauge / Range Estimator

Got the same problem, lazy fuel gauage which at a 1/4 tank is really empty. The trip computer still work , and the avergae MPG , so if u know what kinda mileage u was gettig before, and how many miles u normally get on a full tank then u probbaly wont run out of fuel ( i havent since noticing the proble 6 mos ago)

I think a good place to start to retify the proble is cleaning/replacing the fuel sendor sensor in the fuel tank. I think it can got at through the trunk. not sure on this i havent looked at it getting fixed yet.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Fuel gauge / Range Estimator

Your problem is a widespread problem with the instrument cluster. A faulty chip was installed in the TT's and while Audi Europe is recalling and replacing all of them at no charge, Audi USA is doing nothing leaving Audi customers with a $800 repair bill to deal with. This is a scandal in my opinion, I have continiuosly raised hell with anyone I can from Audi and you should consider the same. Just look through this forum and see all the problems that are listed with instrument clusters.