Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Forge FMIC vs APR - 225 TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Default Forge FMIC vs APR - 225 TT

My next mod is a FMIC. I wanted to go with the APR setup until I found out that it disables the headlamp washers. Bummer. I found out that the Forge kit does not. The question now remains, which one is better? Are they both pretty much the same? Forge doesn't have much technical data on their product which is a turn off. If there is a strong benefit of one vs. the other then that is the system I will likely go. I'd really appreciate any feedback folks can provide.

The jury is out on whether I'm going to go with a BT setup on this car. I'm waiting to see if APR comes out with their supercharger kit for the 4.2 S4. If they do I will likely just get that and call it a day for my high horsepower fix. That said, my research has indicated that the stock ICs on the 225 are marginal to begin with and below standard on a chipped car. So that's lead me to this point. Please don't flame. I'm just trying to make an educated choice.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Forge FMIC vs APR - 225 TT

sigh... only if ARC made intercoolers for euros...

Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm make believe

Both are really good ic's. Steve Schwing has the forge unit on his car and claimed it to be in the low 90's in effiency on his ko4.However, the Z-flow style of the APR kit helps distribute the airflow over the entire unit better and is made to handle the 2871r for the 225 stage 3 kit. Both will be handle the power if you do upgrade turbos. I dont think you will really see any real gain going with one over the other. If you want to keep the aliens, get the forge, if you want to stay with apr, get theirs. Visually, i think the Forge looks a little nicer sticking out the front of the car.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 PM

Yeah... I tend to agree on the asthetic advantage of the Forge. I'm thinking this is going to be the end of my power mods to the TT. I've been driving it with the exhaust and chip and it pulls really strong in all the gears when it's cold. When it warms up that's another story. The FMIC should take care of that.

Now that I am onto the supercharger for the 4.2 and the fact that I'll be able to do that for $3k less I think I've figured out where I want to go with which car.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

Does my vote matter?

Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

Yeah... I tend to agree on the asthetic advantage of the Forge. I'm thinking this is going to be the end of my power mods to the TT. I've been driving it with the exhaust and chip and it pulls really strong in all the gears when it's cold. When it warms up that's another story. The FMIC should take care of that.

Now that I am onto the supercharger for the 4.2 and the fact that I'll be able to do that for $3k less I think I've figured out where I want to go with which car.
Smart man........If I was cool like you and had that list of cars, I'd be doing the same thing!

Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: patty AT forge

Does my vote matter?
Is it a ghost?!?! Someone found their way back to the forum.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
4th Gear

cincy.. which FMIC would you use for the t3/t4 50trim?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm make believe

I think that everything made to fit the TT will work. Just depends on how you want to run the piping. The thing is that your going to need atleast 2-2.25" to the ic and 2.5" to TB to handle the flow. If you can afford APR's, that would be the shortest piping or if money is a concern, tuner-stop's kit should be good also.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM
4th Gear

alright, thanks

Quick Reply: Forge FMIC vs APR - 225 TT