Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Finally getting the TT back...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Finally getting the TT back...

Well I bought a 2002 Brillant Black TTQ 225 on the first of March, and well here's the story so far. I bought the car from Acandiana Dodge in Lafeyette Louisiana. I drove 3 hours to go get the car. When I got there I went for a test drive, something was obviously wrong with it. The car vibrated badly and the clutch slipped like no other. It only vibrated between 1300 and 2000 rpm. Anyway, I was mad then cause I drove 3 hours to buy a broken car. So I talked the sales guy into coming down 3.5k on the price and having the dealership pay for all the repairs. I figured that it was a pretty decent deal. Sooooo, anyway, the agreement was that I had to bring the TT to the Baton Rouge Louisiana Audi Dealer within 30 days in order for them to pay for the repairs. Well I drove the car 3 hours back to Hattiesburg Mississippi that evening and the car felt fine on the highway other than the clutch slipping if you try to accelerate. So, Cool. I make it back to Hattiesburg and I go over to some friends house's to show them the new ride. Then I go to the gas station and when I leave the tranny starts acting weird. It would not go into gear to save it's life. So I get stuck on the side of the road with a car I just bought that same day. Suckage.... I figured out that I could start the car in gear and it would move, I drove it home at 15 mph in 1st gear for 5 miles. Awesome. The next monday I get in it and the transmission is acting fine. So I drive it to the Audi Dealership and drop it off. This is where it gets ugly. The Audi Dealer has had the car 23 days now including today. They got it fixed to begin with in a week and I went to go get the car. They replaced the clutch master cylinder, flywheel, clutch and clutch housing; totaling up to be just over $3500 at the dealer's cost. Car feels 1000% better, and its rush hour. I made it 9 miles from the dealership and the clutch sticks to the floor as soon as I get going fast enough to go into 6th. More Suckage. The Audi Dealer tows it back and it's been there since the 10th. The Clutch master cylinder that they originally put in was defective and it blew up basically. So it's taken them since the 10th to get another one in stock and installed. They finished the car today, test drove it for like 3 hours and they are DELIVERING it to my house tomorrow morning for my trouble. Hopefully I won't have any more MAJOR problems like this for awhile. Sorry for the long post, just needed to rant. Will have pics of it soon though!!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Finally getting the TT back...

So you saved 7 grand, and you're getting the car delivered to your door fully repaired?
Remind me to bring you along next time I'm in the market for a car!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Finally getting the TT back...

Ya I got the car back thursday, sorry it took me so long to reply I've been busy driving. Ya they delivered it 2.5 hours to my work. I did have to take the driver 1.5 hours back to his house but they covered the gas. The driver that was supposed to follow the other driver up here had a family emergency. I was just happy to get it back again. Haha, well all the money I saved was because of my friend that works at a car dealership. So he knows how to hit em where it hurts. 299 a month ain't to bad for an 02 with 55k on it. Almost time for the timing belt change though. Also I got Catback APR exhaust put on her yesterday. Sounds pretty good!