Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Finally!

1000 seems to be the magic number i guess

Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear

yeah its weird my vag-com didnt save it into the ecu..i saw it working while it was connected then the next day it went back to normal idle

Old 09-12-2007, 04:35 PM
2nd Gear

Just got off the phone with my mech. and he had already ordered the aluminum fly. I was hoping he would call before he ordered but i'm running out of time. I'm pretty freakin excited though. Its like i've been driving in limp mode for the past 3-4 months. I forget what itslike to have boost!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

Ok just got my car back thank god! Man it spools up much quicker than it used to, well then I can remember. I also had the pendlum mount from vf engineering installed. its like a whole new car. I stalled out a couple of times trying to get used to it. It catches much quicker almost immediatly from when I lift my foot off the clutch. The flywheel is loud as hell! I think i may need to take it back cause it chatters while i'm in gear as well. I may need a throw out bearing replaced. Or it could be normal. All in all, i'm glad to be able to boost again. I'm hittin just over 20 and sticking! So glad!!!!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm make believe

Your throw out bearing should of been replaced when you did the clutch install, if not..... your going to be doing a new clutch install in no time

Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

What does the throw out bearing do exactly? And anybody with this clutch, does this sound normal at first? Does it not sound as bad after I break it in?

Old 09-15-2007, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

God, I'm dreading my clutch mod.
I swear im gonna do my BT in Feb. I just seem to be not getting all the rest of the stuff in the timeline I hoped. I still dont have my suspension or clutch. Grr.
I guess I can get the suspension AFTER the bt if need be, but the clutch has GOT to be before.
******-A, I better get a clutch soon. SPEC Stage 2+
ftw

Old 09-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: moeron7

What does the throw out bearing do exactly? And anybody with this clutch, does this sound normal at first? Does it not sound as bad after I break it in?
Description: The throw-out bearing, or clutch release bearing as it's sometimes called, is located between the clutch fork and the pressure plate fingers. The throw-out bearing only operates when the clutch pedal is depressed; the bearing is not designed for continuous use.

Purpose: When the driver steps on the clutch pedal, the throw-out bearing applies force to the fingers of the spinning pressure plate to release the clutch. When the clutch pedal is released, the bearing sits idle and does not contact the pressure plate fingers.

Maintenance Tips/Suggestions: The classic symptom of a worn throw-out bearing is a whirring or growling sound when applying the clutch pedal, which goes away when releasing the pedal. Premature wear of the throw-out bearing can occur when there is insufficient clutch play, resulting in a throw-out bearing that spins continuously. If the bearing fails, it may seize and quickly wear the fingers of the pressure plate. The throw-out bearing does not require routine maintenance, but should be replaced when clutch replacement becomes necessary. Consult a professional technician to determine whether the throw-out bearing or other parts of the clutch assembly need replacement.

hope that helps

Old 09-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

SPEC Stage 2+ ftw
I have seen to many spec's eat themselves. Its either a great clutch or the worst available. I was thinking sach's but neither sach or spec hold 350Tq unless you spend over $600. So since my engine is out and clutch easily exposed, im going to go with a ACT w/ street disk good for 340Tq and should feel almost like stock. I have used ACT before in my turbo lancer and loved it so im getting them again. Total should be right around $500 for the clutch and a eurospec 14lbs steel FW

Old 09-15-2007, 02:19 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

SPEC Stage 2+ ftw
I have seen to many spec's eat themselves. Its either a great clutch or the worst available. I was thinking sach's but neither sach or spec hold 350Tq unless you spend over $600. So since my engine is out and clutch easily exposed, im going to go with a ACT w/ street disk good for 340Tq and should feel almost like stock. I have used ACT before in my turbo lancer and loved it so im getting them again. Total should be right around $500 for the clutch and a eurospec 14lbs steel FW
Really? Im not too savvy on clutch stuff. I just need a clutch and flywheel that will hold up to the power produced with a GT2871 or 3071 turbo upgrade with w/m and possibly wet shot NOS later.

Dont know what kind of torque that'll be. You have any idea or know any good clutch combos that meet those specs for under $700?

Quick Reply: Finally!