Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear
Default Finally!

I finally took my car to get my clutch checked out. My problem is that my slave cylinder is leaking. Being that the slave cylinder is internal they're gonna have to drop the tranny. The clutch is probably soaked with fluid which is why i'm getting the slipping. So I'm gonna get a spec stage 2+ for around $1024 plus shipping. I talked to either (nathan or jeremy I cant remember) and they said they will give me 10% off the website after i mentioned audiforums. Does anybody think if I clean off the clutch I could post it in the wanted area and sell it? Also for those of you who have this clutch, what are your thoughts. I cant wait!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Finally!

dont even waste your time trying to sell your clutch think about it...why would someone buy a used clutch and go through all that labor(trust me i know) to just put in a used one. as for the spec the breakin period for me was around 700 miles(i do a lot of highway) 500-600 stop and go is what it takes to break it in. grabs great!!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:01 PM

why are you going stage II.. going bigger turbo soon?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

dont even waste your time trying to sell your clutch think about it...why would someone buy a used clutch and go through all that labor(trust me i know) to just put in a used one. as for the spec the breakin period for me was around 700 miles(i do a lot of highway) 500-600 stop and go is what it takes to break it in. grabs great!!
What's the difference of feel before and after break in? And how does it feel to not have a dual mass clutch anymore. You may have told me already but maybe you have different thoughts now.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: diehlryan

why are you going stage II.. going bigger turbo soon?
Thats my plan but we'll see how things turn out. I would hate to get a stage 1 and then come accross some extra cash and have to upgrade again. The price isnt too far different anyways. My mechanic is signing up tomorrow to be an authorized shop so hopefully he will get a better discount than I would. I would think so.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: moeron7

how does it feel to not have a dual mass clutch anymore.
Flywheel

Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

how does it feel to not have a dual mass clutch anymore.
Flywheel
Correction "how does it feel to not have a dual mass flywheel anymore"
Thanks cincy, i'll put on my dual mass clutch right after I paint your rear rotors. lol

Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
2nd Gear

going stage 2 is a nice upgrade, even without a turbo upgrade... I'm still breaking mine in (or atleast not launching yet) with 1300 miles on it, nearly half highway

Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm make believe

Thanks cincy, i'll put on my dual mass clutch right after I paint your rear rotors. lol
You can get a twin disk clutch, but its VERY pricey

Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

You can get a twin disk clutch, but its VERY pricey
Pricey means NO! Sounds pretty cool though

Quick Reply: Finally!