Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

it took me a good minute, but I tracked down the leak... the cloth braided FPR line is torn right where it connects to the manifild, only hanging on by a few strings.

I must have ripped it when I replaced the alternator several weeks ago, doesn't surprise me, pulling that alternator out was a pita whith the manifold right above it. I'm so glad its not the spacer.

I'm thinking that if I remove theupper charge pipe it will give me enough room to get that line reconnected, I think there is enough slack that I can just cut off the damaged section and re attach it. but I'll have to wait until the morning to get a small hose clamp from the store.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 PM

my braided FPR hose was in bad shape today when I did the boost gauge. i'll be doing the new vacuum line thing pretty soon I think.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:27 AM
2nd Gear

I figured it was an air leak. It was the classic signs of an unmetered air leak. I think I have the same problem. How did you get to the one below the IM? I canbarely see it, much less get to it.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 AM
2nd Gear

I disconnected the hose that connects to the side of the IM, then removed the upper metal IC pipe and its mounting bracket. that should give you enough room to work with

Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 AM

that braided pipe is total crap and very common fail I wonder why Audi didn't sort that out years ago because its well known ( probably a cash in the pocket job ) if you know what I meanchange it for high pressure hose

Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

that braided pipe is total crap and very common fail I wonder why Audi didn't sort that out years ago because its well known ( probably a cash in the pocket job ) if you know what I meanchange it for high pressure hose
I've got the silicone hose on the way, so I have to wait for that to get here first. I'm surprised I haven't heard from hightempsilicone yet about the shipment.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 AM
3rd Gear

Just got around to this post but I had the same thing when I got back from the desert, the T where my boost gauge was hooked into was cracked and split so it was killing my power, but all fixed now, and high temp silicone lines should be in the mail shortly, BTW I have the evoshield spacer and not a single problem with it at all...yet...

Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM
3rd Gear

ya i'v been meaning to change my boost gauge around....as soon as i do all the egr and sai stuff i';ll being getting a better source of vaccum from the manifold instead of the FPR...

Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

I disconnected the hose that connects to the side of the IM, then removed the upper metal IC pipe and its mounting bracket. that should give you enough room to work with
Hey eliTTe, did you get your problems fixed with the hoses? I would be really curious to know if it fixed your issues!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

Hmmm, I've been wondering about this problem for a long time. It just started on my 2000TT 225. It is annoying, and it only happens if you are driving slowly through that RPM range. If you put it full throttle then nothing happens through it. It will also affect the turbo, you can hear it blowing slower and then faster through it. Maybe I have a different problem, but this sounds like my car! Since I'm about as ignorant as you can get to fixing cars, any idea of how long this will take me at a mechanic to fix and parts?

Also, any idea on where I can get a middle speaker under the front air vents. Since my car sits in extreme heat, I'm sure they've hardened, and I've blown the front one. It will need replacing.

Love my Audi!

Cheers and thanks guys!

Quick Reply: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!