Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!

its only under full boost at that rpm range, and can mostly be felt in 4th gear... if I get on the throttle but back off so it doesn't boost all the way its fine all the way through the rpm range.

the boost stays pinned at 20 but the car just doesn't pull around 3000-3800 rpm

Old 09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm make believe

Sounds like intake problems, either a leak or tip collapsing. I have never had it, so its jsut a guess on my part

Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

can someone post a pic of were the maf is located, and also waht is a good technique to check air leaks? thank you.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm make believe

Maf is attached to the airbox and has do a search for boost leaktester posted by onepoint8tee in the a4 section

Old 09-15-2007, 07:34 PM
2nd Gear

look on your intake, close to the air box, there is a hard plastic section with a plug going to it, thats your maf.

you can do a search on vortex for "pressure testing your intake" and you should find some diy's

Old 09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

you beat me to the post cincy

and I'm still stumped on this problem [:@]

Old 09-15-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm make believe

fairy dust

Old 09-15-2007, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear

I knida had that prob too and other minor things. I had put in a 3 in MAF but my tune was for normal size so when I replaced the normal MAF some things got better. Also when I cleaned my open cone filter it did better and minor vac leaks caused some probs like you describe.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:50 PM
2nd Gear

well well well, I think I might be onto something... since someone brought it up, I decided that I would pressure test my intake. I've done it before and made a tester out of pvc, but I couldn't find it. So I went to the store and got me some valve stems and made a new one with a soup can.

Well, got everything setup, turned on the air compressor and waited a couple minutes, squeezed the IC pipe and noticed it wasn't pressurizing at all. waited longer and still nothing, so I figured this valve stem must be messed up, so I took it off the pipe and played around with it, it seemed to work fine so I gave it another try.

turned it on and still wouldn't pressureize. since I have been able to make full boost, I thought for sure there couldn't be that big of a leak in the pipes, but I decided to listen around and sure enough around the left side of the IM I heard a leak. it was hard to hear over the air compresser but it must be pretty bad since I couldn't even get any pressure on the pipes.

Aobout a month and a half ago, I did put on a Evoheatshield spacer, and I'm kinda worried it could have perhaps melted (I've heard stories of it happening). That would really not be good. but I don't know for sure, all I know is its somewhere on the left side

[:@]I guess I got to tear it apart again.

thanks to everyone who helped me out with this, I am SO happy the mystery is solved

Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
3rd Gear

it was the powergaskets from new south beach never head of the evo heatshield melting......but since they fixed the melting problem i'll be ordering one here soon

Quick Reply: F%&# this hesitation!!!!!!!