Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:17 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

i will sell you my hyperboost DV for 75+ship... its only like 3 months old... im selling it for a BOV.. you can find it at stratmosphere.com and its annodized blue.. its a good DV IMHO.

once you get a DV get an mbc(manual boost controller) so you can up your boost a bit.

water/meth injection allows more boost too which is good stuff right there.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

What kind of DV is it?

Whats the difference between a DV and a BOV - Blow off valve?

- That noted... will the dv from APR make the " pssh " sound. - or is that just the blow off valve?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear

With the APR chip im using now (93+ oct) - Does anyone know what boost im running?

What can the K03 turbo handle? - How much wear will it put on it...by upping it? - Note - I would like to up to a K04 turbo in the future if I can find a good deal one one. - I've been looking for a wrecked 225 ...so I can get all the engine goodies!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm make believe

The new dv wont be much louder as the stock one. With it also being a diaphram dv, it should sound roughly the same.

Most Hyperboost dv's are piston dv's like the forge007. I really think that you need one that you can install and forget about, thats why the apr is good for you.

Water/meth will lower intake temps, raise octane, clean the cylinders, and reduce knock. This allows you to increase timing and boost since its like running ~110octane on 93 pump. The only negative is that you have to refill it.

As for how it works, you tap into the MAf or the Map (Maf is better, proactive vs reactive on a map) and it will start spraying at a set boost level and then fully spray at max boost. So it only sprays when it sees a certain voltage (maf) or boost (map). Most containers (most us ww resivour) last about 2 tankfuls.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

What can the K03 turbo handle? - How much wear will it put on it...by upping it? - Note - I would like to up to a K04 turbo in the future if I can find a good deal one one. - I've been looking for a wrecked 225 ...so I can get all the engine goodies!
ko3 can do ~22psi give or take. WOnt hurt it or shorten its life. But you wont really make more power with more boost with it either.

Most fwd cars are making 230-240whp and 280ftlbs with a ko4-22/23, not sure on boost level, but should be low 20's

Old 08-17-2007, 06:38 PM

does the downpipe from ebay fit a 225

Old 08-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm make believe

nope, those are totally differnt. WOnt fit 180Q either, would hit the transfer case

Old 08-17-2007, 07:30 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

nope, those are totally differnt. WOnt fit 180Q either, would hit the transfer case
psh, you 180TT FWD guys have it easy.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm make believe

Well, not when it comes to traction. But nothing a BIG turbo wouldnt cure with some lag. With a FWD car, high hp is better than monster low end torque.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ why? don't you want to win those burnout contests

Quick Reply: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!