Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 AM
2nd Gear
Default Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

Ok guys,

I have a bit of spending money, and I'm NOT sure what to do.

-Downpipe - Whats a good one? - What will it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

-DV - What is it? - What does it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

-Intake - What will it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

Now I have heard people talking about other mods, but I dont understand what they are, or what they do.

- Reminder I have: APR chip/K and N intake(Stock box)/Borla Exhaust/ECS stage 1 clutch/ 14lbs flywheel.

I currently am running 0 - 60 - 6.4ish - I'd like to get below that. - With the listed mods could I do this?

-Also I'm looking into wheels and suspenion parts. - I would like to lower the TT a bit if possible. - Any suggestions? - I do like a softer ride, however I would like something with a bit less body roll. - Again brand name doesn't matter to me. - I'm looking for quality at a low cost on all mods. - As I know for a fact I wont be getting my money back out of them when I sell the car. - (Unless it is to someone in here)

Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

^ just dump your money on some bronze 17x9 volk te-37's. don't worry, it wont cost that much

Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

Ok guys,

I have a bit of spending money, and I'm NOT sure what to do.

-Downpipe - Whats a good one? - What will it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

-DV - What is it? - What does it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

-Intake - What will it do for me? - Gains? - Cost?

Now I have heard people talking about other mods, but I dont understand what they are, or what they do.

Dude you've been a member for almost a year and you dont know what a DV is? All these questions are answered in the "FAQ and Basic TT info at the top of the forums"
What have you been reading the whole time?

Old 08-17-2007, 01:26 PM
2nd Gear

I understand its a diverter valve. - But I'm asking WHAT does it do for me, with the exception of make a loud " psshh " sound. - What kinds of HP gains am I going to see if any...etc.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
2nd Gear

I understand its a diverter valve. - But I'm asking WHAT does it do for me, with the exception of make a loud " psshh " sound. - What kinds of HP gains am I going to see if any...etc.
All it does is allow you to run higher boost. OEM diverter valves can't hold 20psi+ unless it's the 710N valve. You won't see any hp gains; it's just a supporting mod that lets you do the mods that'll get you hp gains.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM
2nd Gear

That noted since I have a chip, will that change things for me? - Is my current STOCK DV holding me back?

Old 08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm make believe

Ebay dp, $100 shipped. About 10hp and 15ftlbs
Apr dv, no springs or adjustments needed to be made $140 WOnt die or leak boost
Water/meth injection. Cools air below ambient and will give you more timing. $250 15-25hp and torque

so ~25+hp and torque and still under $500

Old 08-17-2007, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

Can you please give me links to options YOU personally would buy?

- With an idea of how to install the parts? - I would like to put on some mods. - and do it all at once. - Throw a grand or so at it...and give her some juice! - I will be doing DIY pictures. - I will also do a GTEC video run - before and AFTER the mods so people can see this happen.

So if you see a GOOD dp that you know is a good one. - Throw up a link - and I'll buy it based on your opinon of use.

If you know a good DV - Throw it up...and I'll buy it.

If you know other good inexpensive mods...throw um up... I'll buy um... I think this will be fun.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm make believe

SnowPerformance stg 2 kit
downpipe
Apr R1 dv

Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
2nd Gear

The water injection sounds neet... but I dont understand it. - How does it work? - How does it engage.

Quick Reply: Extra money. - What to do for mods. - I need YOUR help! - I'm confused!