Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Exhausts Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Exhausts Comparison

As if i couldnt make up my mind already, i cant decide on an exhaust system, even with credit card in hand lol. Just when i thought the Blueflame had won me over, i find this Jetex exhaust, then i find EvoMS. Now what i thought was weird was that the Jetex was pretty cheap.....so does that mean cheap price=cheap performance. Basically, im in need of what all the major Audi TT aftermarket exhaust systems are like EXCLUDING the high high dollar ones like APR and MiLteck(sadly..college student and no money)

Old 10-21-2008, 09:51 PM

I'm in the same boat!! What I was thinking about doin was just a 3in dp. Then someone on here(don't remember who. Maybe clipes?) Had a dumper valve! Something rather different

Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

Exactly, its a shame that the DP is almost just as expensive as an exhaust itself, but still id love to get all that extra performance. Im not too familiar with the dumper valve, i like to know wat it does and how it can help out though!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

He is talking about a cut out. "Kid" runs one, hit him up. A cut out allows you to dump exhaust somewhere after the dp/before muffler via a switch or lever. I would go dp before the catback if you are only able to do one or the other.

My setup is a 3" 42dd to a test pipe finished off by the Borla. Sounds pretty mean. Out of all the catbacks I think the performance you would find with them to be the approx. the same.

Last edited by Mobius97; 10-21-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 PM
1st Gear

yea that does sounds like a good idea( going for a DP first) now you said that performance wise that you would find them to be approx the same, but with sound which have the deeper more aggresive tone????

Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 AM
4th Gear

go downpipe first... youll see more gains...

and yes, i have the dump valve.. i go 3'' dp to 3'' midpipe with a cutout welded in, then a switch in my car.. as far as performance with the dump valve, no noticeable difference, maybe a little faster spool, however, you do get big gains with in on a bigger turbo application...

my wrx has 305awhp with the cut out closed and 335awhp cut out open on a dyno that reads stock sti's at 200awhp...

ill try to get a video up soon of the dump valve

Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 AM

This is what I was going to do. 3"dp. To the dump valve. Then a Y pipe comming out ... Then after the muffler put in another Y pipe so it looks like I have dual exhaust .

What ya guys think??

Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ i say go 3" DP to a muffler-less exhaust.

that should net a good cost/performance ratio if u haven't chipped/flashed already. the dump valve is a waste imho on a k03 (baha! sorry kiva... but i know ur going BT anyways ;] ). i'd rather dump it on w/m, FMIC or a fund towards a bigger turbo.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
1st Gear

Borla is a nice sound.. i am running 3 inch dp to cat to borla.. its sounds really good and isnt too loud, but a nice deep tone.. i miss it

Quick Reply: Exhausts Comparison