Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Ever Damage Your Front Bumper On A High Incline Driveway?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default Ever Damage Your Front Bumper On A High Incline Driveway?

This is what happened to mine today as I entered a Tire Discounter that had a very steep entrance driveway to their building. I turned and inclined at the same time and heard the bumper scrape thinking I only added another scrape mark to the bottom of it.

Well, when I pulled up to get some nitrogen for tire i bought there i noticed the guy there staring at my front end with a disturbed look on his face as he said "looks like you have a leak there".

Yep, left front corner windshield wiper fluid destroyed and leaking profusely. Fluid all ran out and indicator came on on the dash.

I talked to the store manager he acted indifferent. Talked to the regional store manager and he was a total idiot suggesting I use the other entrance. To me this admits fault in their drive but he denied it.

So now I'm getting estimates. I may want this to replace the entire front end if possible as I have a lot of scratches and marks from rocks etc..

Could end up in my favor but too early to tell.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM
1st Gear

dont take this the wrong way

... ride height is a choice.. take the bump/incline at a slower and wider angle... if you cant make it, dont go that way..

Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 AM
2nd Gear

Ok i considered that with an open mind and it could be I am at a disadvantage going between my high clearance jeep and low riding TT so its possible the former desensitizes me to the latter.

However, over passes have warning signs for trucks that are too tall and the oness is not placed on them to visualy judge height in that situation. They get warning signs.

A scrape is one thing but an incline that is steep enough to bend the front end of a car is another.

Going to check business entrance requirements in city for the heck of it though.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

haha. im not laughing at you.. but you know those signs that say that for overpasses?

when you said that i imaged a yellow hazard sign with a car that had a curb half height of the car that said.. "No tuners"

Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear

I would have appreciated a sign with a sharp incline and a cars front end hitting it.
Anything really.

New development.

I noticed the car pulling HARD to the left since this, even after filling up tires to correct pressure.

Tonight when I got home I checked both front tires.
Right tire is straight, left side (damaged side) is pointing noticably outward, at least an inch off visibly!!!

Oh I think I get it now,,, Arrange your business entrance so that when people come in they can knock their alignments out and then charge them for alignment. !&#$^#&
This is getting too unreal.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

Here's the video, all I need now is a photo shoot and the damage estimates and I'm ready to advertise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbJnWiJ4BA