Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

ECS lightweight crank pulley kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: ECS lightweight crank pulley kit

Didn't someone post about how to took away power with dynos graphs to prove it.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm make believe

Hetried to make that claim but the sw was changed and he had other things wrong with his car. It wasnt like he dyno'd, installed, and then redyno'd.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 AM

They don't add power,and the engine won't rev faster under load. I know a few people who did it and were terribly disapointed.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear

I heard they create more vibration as well.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM
2nd Gear

im getting lightweight pulleys, there are ebay ones for 65$-90$ as well... FYI .. search 1.8T pulley and you will see them.

they donnot add any HP really, dont be thinking that they are going to make a crazy difference, but combined with a lightweight FW and lighter clutch system you will see quicker acceleration and also quicker spool on your turbo. i dont have a huge turbo on my TT nor have i tried a hugeturbo on a 1.8T but quicker revs = quicker spool, plus less parasitic weight makes your drivetrain loss less, so really your not adding power just "freeing up/releasing" power that you alredy have.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

They don't add power,and the engine won't rev faster under load. I know a few people who did it and were terribly disapointed.
please dont bring out threads down like you do the A4's threads.

Guess physics dont apply to you

Old 12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

please dont bring out threads down like you do the A4's threads.

Guess physics dont apply to you
lmao ... [8D]

Old 12-20-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

LOL

Dude guys don't get chipped your turbo will just blow up and run out of its efficiency range I know a bunch of guys whose turbos blew chunks of the compressor into the intake and destroyed their valvetrain

Seriously I wouldn't expect the pulleys to make a huge difference, but a sublte one seems to make sense. Combined with lightening up the rest of the drivetrain it ought to help.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear

sounds like that guy had the wrong person install his .. or his basement mechanic job didnt torque them properly.

anyways, here is a link for the orig poster if he is looking for an ecs alternative. http://cgi.ebay.ca/VW-Beetle-Golf-Je...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm make believe

Hurry up and get yours in. My brother keeps on insisting to install those on his passat when i do his TB (he has 95k on it [sm=yikesomg.gif]). It needs to last until spring so i dont freeze my *** off in the garage!! He could just get the stuff and wait for a warm day or buy my *** a space heater

Quick Reply: ECS lightweight crank pulley kit