Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Ebay IC vs tcarbon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Ebay IC vs tcarbon?

in the 1.8T section there is a FAQ in vortex

scroll down to the picture of the compressor map and it will have a heading, how to chose ic piping

Old 12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear

i think if you are "broke" the 44$ ic and another 50$ or so for the piping + shipping wont be too bad of a deal.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm make believe

$50 will buy you like 2 or 3 bends. Not going to make a $100 ic kit. Not even if you use marine exhaust.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear

i think there is some ebay piping for like 50$ - 70$ shipped in the us.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm make believe

they are about that, but they are far from plug and play... if you know what i mean

Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear

yea i kno they are not "fitted" for a specific application, i was thinking more a long the lines of: with a wide choice of pipes and couplings one can "probably" make it fit with piping to spare.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: VaTTer

I know that Ebay intercoolers and tcarbon are made very similar... (or is it?) and money right now is an issue for me because I AM BROKE.. i just bought ALOT of car parts but im still not done. What is the difference... is it just the name? also if ebay ic is about the same ... what size ic should i get and the installation would be the same as the tcarbon right? since they are both front mount intercoolers... help me audi tt gurus..
First things first, everyone needs to understand that eBay isn't a brand. Just because one eBay intercooler is good doesn't make every eBay intercooler good, nor does one bad make the rest bad. The same thing goes for every other item you see in the popular eBay stores. The "performance" eBay stores all get their products from trading companies in Asia. The trading companies deal with the factories. As I'm sure everyone has heard on the news - factories in Asia are known to do some shady stuff - it's not any different for the car parts.

If you want an eBay intercooler, find someone who already has one and likes it, and then decide if you can trust their judgement. If not, you'll be a guinea pig. Given your financial situation that may not be a good idea.

Hope that helps...

Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

If its a 180, the tcarbon kit has about 8ft more piping to fill and a ugly dv relocation running across the bay. If you want less volume to fill, go with ebay, if you want a stockish engine bay with a plastic fitting in the intake and recirc hose running across your engine bay, get the tcarbon. Both will cool about the same since they both use low density cores and only good for basically stock turbos
cincyTT,

The 180 kit does not add 8 extra feet of piping. Also, not only is the return line hidden, the DV relocation is 100% optional. Some enthusiasts prefer to have the DV post-intercooler for cooler temps and better performance.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm make believe

We did the math... Also, i know the reasons for a relocation, but thanks for acting like i dont.

BTW, i like how you just lumped it all as "better performance" but listed cooler temps which means nothing unless your using a crappy diaphram valve (not the type, but brand).

Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

We did the math... Also, i know the reasons for a relocation, but thanks for acting like i dont.

BTW, i like how you just lumped it all as "better performance" but listed cooler temps which means nothing unless your using a crappy diaphram valve (not the type, but brand).
I'm sure you probably do know the reasons for relocationg the DV. However, for some odd reason, you never mention them - that's why I did. The post isn't directly for you, it's for anyone reading the thread. More information on the DV relocation theory can be found here: http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/926281.phtml

Quick Reply: Ebay IC vs tcarbon?