Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Ebay IC vs tcarbon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Default Ebay IC vs tcarbon?

I know that Ebay intercoolers and tcarbon are made very similar... (or is it?) and money right now is an issue for me because I AM BROKE.. i just bought ALOT of car parts but im still not done. What is the difference... is it just the name? also if ebay ic is about the same ... what size ic should i get and the installation would be the same as the tcarbon right? since they are both front mount intercoolers... help me audi tt gurus..

Old 12-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Ebay IC vs tcarbon?

If its a 180, the tcarbon kit has about 8ft more piping to fill and a ugly dv relocation running across the bay. If you want less volume to fill, go with ebay, if you want a stockish engine bay with a plastic fitting in the intake and recirc hose running across your engine bay, get the tcarbon. Both will cool about the same since they both use low density cores and only good for basically stock turbos

Old 12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

Why not get the boostfactory smic?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-19-2007, 04:59 PM

hey cincy... wow funny how you answered all the questions that ive had so far lol. Anyways i noticed that ebay had like 3209482049 different sizes ... which size should i get?

Oh ive never heard of boostfactory smic ... do the intercooler sprays fit the smic? i will def. look into that thanks for the suggestion bro

Old 12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

Here's the BF SMIC

http://boostfactory.net/product_info...products_id=77
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm make believe

the bfsmic fits, but takes some effort in the TT. Zero(something) has one and said it took a little bit of work

If you want a ebay kit, head over to tuner-stop.com and get one of there kits. It will be under VW MKIV

Old 12-19-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

the bfsmic fits, but takes some effort in the TT. Zero(something) has one and said it took a little bit of work

If you want a ebay kit, head over to tuner-stop.com and get one of there kits. It will be under VW MKIV
I probably won't be installing the intercooler so it doesn't matter much to me. =P

Old 12-19-2007, 11:08 PM

THanks cincy... i tried going to tuner-stop.com, but all i could find was the greddy ones.. .unless thats what you were referring to..

about the sidemount ic... i really like doing my own work just because i like doing it lol. I think ill stick to the fmic. Thanks though and actually my cousin (who has the same car ... exact same color, convertible 1.8T) was looking for the smic ... i wiill def. tell him about this.

Thanks guys

Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
SoCal Crew Member

why go SMIC?

well as for me, i like the grill-less grin of a FMIC [&:]

Old 12-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: VaTTer

THanks cincy... i tried going to tuner-stop.com, but all i could find was the greddy ones.. .unless thats what you were referring to..

about the sidemount ic... i really like doing my own work just because i like doing it lol. I think ill stick to the fmic. Thanks though and actually my cousin (who has the same car ... exact same color, convertible 1.8T) was looking for the smic ... i wiill def. tell him about this.

Thanks guys
I guess they stopped selling them. They use to be the same as the ebay kits but came with a map sensor bung.

Quick Reply: Ebay IC vs tcarbon?