Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

DV Relocate and 1 other ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: DV Relocate and 1 other ?

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

dont replace your clutch until you have to. Get a chip> get an exhaust (turbo back) > get an intake > then get a bigger turbo if need be/

also you can get around a chip with a diode, but boost is limited to about 17psi.
I dont know about getting 'around' the chip, but the diode is a cheap substitute. You'll still want the chip program for the fuel/timing maps for anything over 17psi or so.
if you dont plan on running more than 17psi or dont have the funds this is a great alternantive.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
3rd Gear

Good call on the clutch, I saved up money first for that, because I knew that when it starts to go out, it will go out fast and I need wheels to get from one place to another.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 PM

with the clutch its amazing how I can track the progression as it got worse and worse. it started out only slipping in 5th gear and then 4th and then 3rd. Now i'm getting slip in 2nd and 4th and 5th are TERRIBLE.

not easy to swing into a faster lane when your 5th gear slips like a mother-facker.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:35 PM
5th Gear

this is a great alternantive.
I dunno if I'd go that far...

It is an alternative... but I'd rather wait and do it right if I couldn't afford the chip. Which, incidentally, is exactly what I did.

I went with APR, keep your eyes open for spring events they'll be at/hosting, whatever deal they're advertising for the event is good at any APR dealer. I went with a buy-one-get-one-free, but I could have also had $100 off a single program if I felt so inclined.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: achTTung

this is a great alternantive.
I dunno if I'd go that far...

It is an alternative... but I'd rather wait and do it right if I couldn't afford the chip. Which, incidentally, is exactly what I did.
why would running 17 as to running 11psi which is perfectly safe be a bad thing??? You can do it for cheap and its safe if you do it right and dont get greedy. A diode is a $0.25 and you only need a boost gauge and a mbc which you should already have.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 PM
3rd Gear

True it has been proven to work good, I just saved up my pennies and bought the Modshack Stg. III. To each his own.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:36 AM
5th Gear

I didn't say running 17 psi was bad, I said I'd rather run 11psi until I could run 17+ in an engineered fashion.

If all it took was a diode to chip a car, then all you would need to buy was a diode to chip the car. Instead I have an actual computer chip, adapting/changing a multitude of things.

As 225tt said, 'to each his own', all I'm saying is 'mine' doesn't happen to be a $.25 diode.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 AM
1st Gear

i diode is nowhere near chipping your car, and our cars actually run better chipped. better gas milage(if you dont floor it everywhere that is), the k03 can handle 18-19 psi, k04 24-25 psi. just turning up your boost with a boost controller isn't good because you will be disrupting your timing, a/f ratio and other important engine tunings. if you look on schwings website, he doesn't recommend stage 3 unless you are chipped.

best mods that you want to start with....

number 1) chip (apr, revo, giac)

then in any order really, intake, exhaust, modshack stage 2 and 3

and as always to get the best performance out of these mods upgrade your suspension, if you got the money do it right by getting either adjustable tie rods, k-macs(for correct camber, toe), with a either a spring strut combo, or a complete coil-over kit

not trying to put you down, just want you to mod your car correctly, otherwise you are bound to disrupt the performance of your motor, just read the thousands of posts here on audiforums.com and audiworld.com

Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: quattro411

i diode is nowhere near chipping your car, and our cars actually run better chipped. better gas milage(if you dont floor it everywhere that is), the k03 can handle 18-19 psi, k04 24-25 psi. just turning up your boost with a boost controller isn't good because you will be disrupting your timing, a/f ratio and other important engine tunings. if you look on schwings website, he doesn't recommend stage 3 unless you are chipped.

best mods that you want to start with....

number 1) chip (apr, revo, giac)

then in any order really, intake, exhaust, modshack stage 2 and 3

and as always to get the best performance out of these mods upgrade your suspension, if you got the money do it right by getting either adjustable tie rods, k-macs(for correct camber, toe), with a either a spring strut combo, or a complete coil-over kit

not trying to put you down, just want you to mod your car correctly, otherwise you are bound to disrupt the performance of your motor, just read the thousands of posts here on audiforums.com and audiworld.com
Running a diode will give you the roughly the same mpg. any time you lean out the mixture will give you better milage.

You can run more than 19psi on a ko3. There are many people running 20-24psi daily without any problems, hell there are some that have dynoed with race gas at 27-28psi and have made near 260whp ona ko3s, yes ko3s.

The thing about modshack is that **** is a larger maf, then engine now needs more fuel to handle the extra air. You can run a 4 bar with the diode and a mof but i wouldnt do it with out a vagcom or a/f gauge (a real wideband).

Timing can be adjusted by a lemminwinks and can be increased if wished.

After a chip the car needs a exhaust far more than an intake. And when i say exhaust i mean a dp and catback. A dp makes far better gains than the catback so do that first then the catback or better yet do it all at once.

You act like im new and a cheapskate, i know what i am talking about and dont feel its worth the money for a chip when you have no intentions of keeping the stock turbo for very long. The only reason i am using it is because i have a blown 28r and dont have the funds to replace it with something bigger. So you should really not come and try to bash someone because you dont understand what is really going on.

thanks killa