Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Down pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Down pipe help

I have a 2000 Audi TT Quattro. Engine code ATC 8N1
I am trying to upgrade the down pipe with a larger aftermarket pipe that also deletes the split to 2 cats in the exhaust. Every option ive ordered online that says it will fit my year make and model does not seem to look anything like the old. I really need some help and I cant seem to find a down pipe that fits.

Last edited by Harleyhill; 10-01-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

Do you have the 180 or 225?

Old 11-08-2019, 07:51 AM
1st Gear
Cool

180 dp has 4 bolts and is straightish, 225 is 3 bolts and has a big turndown...ATC is 180...I have an 01 180 Quattro with ATC motor, whoever I bought the car from had some type of repair done on the dp, either way it's tiny stock garbage and the split makes no sense. I will tell you it's a pain to get out of there, you need a lift preferably or plan on jacking the car as high as you can get it. I just bought this cheap ebay ish, quality is actually pretty good, I was surprised. Go ahead and order this kit too because chances are youll want the studs on hand just in case one break or backs out, you don't want to wait on parts to finish and the picture shown has regular nuts but the ones i received were in fact the recommended copper coated ones specified for this job

ebay pipe
gaskets nuts and studs

just fyi it's going to be SIGNIFICANTLY louder after the install...also buy some good penetrating oil (i like pb blaster) and user liberally on the nuts and o2 sensors, one of the sensors i'd spray, leave and come back, tap with a hammer, spray some more...it came out tho. I also bought header heat wrap and took the opportunity to do both sections, wear gloves if you do the wrap, its like fiberglass but worse

Old 12-01-2019, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sherpagoodness
180 dp has 4 bolts and is straightish, 225 is 3 bolts and has a big turndown...ATC is 180...I have an 01 180 Quattro with ATC motor, whoever I bought the car from had some type of repair done on the dp, either way it's tiny stock garbage and the split makes no sense. I will tell you it's a pain to get out of there, you need a lift preferably or plan on jacking the car as high as you can get it. I just bought this cheap ebay ish, quality is actually pretty good, I was surprised. Go ahead and order this kit too because chances are youll want the studs on hand just in case one break or backs out, you don't want to wait on parts to finish and the picture shown has regular nuts but the ones i received were in fact the recommended copper coated ones specified for this job

ebay pipe
gaskets nuts and studs

just fyi it's going to be SIGNIFICANTLY louder after the install...also buy some good penetrating oil (i like pb blaster) and user liberally on the nuts and o2 sensors, one of the sensors i'd spray, leave and come back, tap with a hammer, spray some more...it came out tho. I also bought header heat wrap and took the opportunity to do both sections, wear gloves if you do the wrap, its like fiberglass but worse
Thank you so much! im going to get it you helped me out a ton!

Old 08-15-2022, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

I have to get similar downpipe. The link obviously is old and did not work. Any more info on how to get the pipe. Thank you

Old 03-19-2023, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

Hi there, have you found the link? I am also looking for it online. In conclusion, if you're seeking for the top writing services online, https://letsgradeit.com/review/rapidessay/ is a terrific place to start You can select the ideal writing platform for your college tasks by browsing their extensive collection of evaluations.

Last edited by FannieJorgensen; 03-24-2023 at 08:45 AM.