Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

does changing the diverter valve make a difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear
Default does changing the diverter valve make a difference?

does changing the diverter valve make a difference and how hard of an install is it?

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: does changing the diverter valve make a difference?

yes... the stock ones fail prematurely and the aftermarket ones are smoother and sound better. plus you can adjust them to your boost requirements once you get into raising your boost.

**note
They dont raise boost. But once you raise your boost with a boost controller, the stock one will not suffice and it cannot be adjusted.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

From what I've read your ok with your stock DV until you get chipped. Once your chipped you need to upgrade because your stock one wont be able to hold up to new pressure, it'll break. The install seems very easy, plug n' play. I'm sure someone has a how to up. Hope this helps.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:17 AM
2nd Gear

As he stated above, the install is VERY easy. I would say that even the very least mechanically inclined person could do it with a how-to in less than 5 minutes. It's got 3 small rubber hoses attached to it and its very easy to get to. No other connections at all.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:46 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: vegastt

From what I've read your ok with your stock DV until you get chipped. Once your chipped you need to upgrade because your stock one wont be able to hold up to new pressure, it'll break. The install seems very easy, plug n' play. I'm sure someone has a how to up. Hope this helps.
That's not always the case, and in my opinion the stock diaphragm DV is better (up to a certain point) than say an APR or other brand piston DV.
Now if you're boosting 25 PSI will the diaphragm still hold... probably not. But being chipped only puts you at about 15 PSI, and the stock valve is fine.
Upgrading the DV only makes a difference if the one you currently have is shot, or on it's way out.
You'll know when that happens by the infamous "Goose Honking" noise.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

Yep made a difference for me, my bosch DV failed, and I was losing some boost.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/HyperBoost%20Installation%20instructions,%20Single .pdf

There is the link for the install. Enjoy

Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
cmh

The APR is a diaphram style like the stock one, not piston. It has kevlar to make it stronger supposedly and less prone to tearing with an increase in boost level. An aftermarket DV will be louder than stock, especially combined with an aftermarket intake and is an easy install. If you can operate a screwdriver/ pliers you can do it yourself.