Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TO-DO list for the next Mk1 TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
welcome back to the forum dude. got your pm the other day, no time to respond. i agree that the mk I is a better looking car, and for the 'why not buy a real sportscar' comment, i too would rather have a TT that was built as i thought it should. im house shopping now, once i can find a place i'll start focusing on the TT project. sounds like a hell of a list, should keep you busy for a bit.
amen, brother - certainly nice to be back! I'm sure I'll be hitting you up in the near future..

the countdown to my next TT has begun

Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by warranty225cpe
I hit a manhole cover as my suspension bottomed out. The plate also stiffens up the front end ALOT! Noticeable difference. I live in lake worth. Near west palm beach.
cool, we'll have to meet up sometime.

curious - do you have a swaybar or at least strut tower brace in the front?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
5th Gear

should have a strut brace from the factory. dunno what the hype of the 'adjustable' ones are. What are you adjusting, its a rigid connection between 2 points.

with that said, i actually DON'T have one. Had to pull it to install the GC camber plates, need to figure something out to get it bolted back up.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

you can't run a factory strut brace with camber plates?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by racer_x
cool, we'll have to meet up sometime.

curious - do you have a swaybar or at least strut tower brace in the front?
Upper front strut tower(stock). I don't have a front or rear sway upgraded yet. I do plan on doing my rear tho.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
welcome back to the forum dude. got your pm the other day, no time to respond. i agree that the mk I is a better looking car, and for the 'why not buy a real sportscar' comment, i too would rather have a TT that was built as i thought it should. im house shopping now, once i can find a place i'll start focusing on the TT project. sounds like a hell of a list, should keep you busy for a bit.
+1 here

built > bought

Old 05-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm make believe

So does slapping on other peoples parts considered built or bought?!?!

Old 05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear

^both.... right?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bvnguyen516
built ≥ bought
fixed.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 PM
5th Gear

i thought we were still talking houses..

I'd rather build than buy, but it looks like the smart thing to do is buy a dump on a nice street, fix it, then sell it for more than you have into it, THEN build the place you want. In my case, a small cabin on a back road, with a 4 car garage next to it.

as for camber plates... strut brace or no depends on which plates.

I opted for Ground Control's 'race' plates, which required me to cut the cups out of the strut towers, as well as the studs the brace was attached to.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...T/DSC02487.jpg
link, not pic, because its F'n huge, and I'm not really in the mood to resize.

I've done a bit of suspension work since you were here last. KW Variant III coilovers, Hotchkis tubular/adjustable front/rear sway bars, GC camber plates, and Powerflex a-arm bushings. To modify further, I think I'd have to start doing custom stuff, because I don't know of anything else on the market that would be an improvement over what I have. Personal opinion of course.

Quick Reply: TO-DO list for the next Mk1 TT