Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Diverter Valve or Bypass Valve. What is the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 01:47 AM
1st Gear
Default Diverter Valve or Bypass Valve. What is the difference?

Hey all

What is the difference?

Jewbin

Old 10-01-2006, 01:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Diverter Valve or Bypass Valve. What is the difference?

You have two types BOV AKA Blow off Valve, And Diverter Valve it sends the the extra air in the system once the you let off the gas back in to the intake track so it's never lost and wount couse a Rich condition. Or if you like one makes Noise and the othere one dose not. My bad wrong word there Rich

Old 10-01-2006, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Thanks.

But what does it do? What is the benefit between them. I like the Noise of the blow off valve. But would go with the one that performs better

Jewbin

Old 10-01-2006, 03:15 PM
5th Gear

once air goes past the MAF, its accounted for, if you have a blow off valve bleeding off excess boost to atmosphere when you lift off the throttle, theres not as much air as the car thinks should be there. When you get back on the gas, the car is supplying fuel for the origninal amount of air, not whats actually there. I believe that would cause a rich condition, not a lean condition.

When you run a diverter valve, like what was designed for the car, the air is put into the intake before the turbo, but after the MAF. Not only is the air accounted for, but this is also taking a little bit of work off your turbo (you're ever so slightly pressurizing your intake before the turbo)

Old 10-01-2006, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

So if i understand correctly.

DV is the way to go!!

Which is the best to use and what are the differences in them size etc.......

Old 10-01-2006, 04:20 PM

DV diverts the waste gas into the intake ( so im told lol ) which = more MPG a BOV dumps the pressure under the hood so people can hear it like wooooooosh quit e normal when your young

Old 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

I was told that the vehicle isnt designed to run a blow off valve because of the MAF sensor. This will cause the engine to run like $hit! The air need to be accounted for or it will throw codes at you all day and try to adjust for the lost pressure. I got a nice high performace diverter valve, and while it is not as loud as a BOV (i wish it were) it still makes some fun noise. Hoep this helps.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

You need to run a closed loop Valve in your car but if you still need to have some sound just get an intake and it will have some of the sound of a VTA Valve with non if the draw backs of a BOV. And this is just me but i would go with a Forge Valve FMDV007P life time warrenty not that you will ever need it but it's there if you do. And by the way I do work for Forge Motorsport, Inc.