Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

SInce im no where near the first to do it and not one person has had problem with this, its perfectly safe and makes very close to the chips power. Sure its not perfect, but you can adjust things with lemmiwinks or just enjoy the new found power for all of the few dollars it cost.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

Do you have a full hardware list and some dynoplots?

Lemmiwinks also only has limited use, you can't change drivers request maps either way for instance. Along with a whole lot more. Lemmiwinks only changes the adaptation settings in the EEPROM on lines beginning 00070 and 00080 by writing into RAM which is then saved to the EEPROM. Only limited adjustment of 10 bytes of values as these are dupicated, whole tables these refer too are 256 bytes and larger sometimes with varying values that can be changed instead where adaptation on these can implement a change throughout. To tune properly and get the most you will need to remap. I guess it's whether you want 90% or 100%. Also depends which tuner you use as quality varies greatly

Old 12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm make believe

you havent told me anything i dont already know

what hardware are you looking for?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

The spec of the engine on yours and dynoplots?

Yeah there's alot more I'd not discuss on a public forum which you can learn from Damos and Functionsrahrmen.
If you read these you can appreciate how complex the ME7 system really is. ME9 and MED17 go even further.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm make believe

My engine was stock and now is getting put together with an AEG 2L crank, 83mm 9.25:1 c/r wiseco pistons and scat rods. I dont have any dynoplots unfortunitly

Old 12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

And everything else is stock? exhaust etc etc etc?

It's hard to comment without seeing actual figures, would be interested to see them when you get any data, even datalogging is interesting.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm make believe

the exhasut wasnt, but everything else was at the time. Not sure what your going for here.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

Just curiosity, this is a discussion forum I thought and it's all par for the topic after all. Anyway I'm of out now for NYE celebrations, Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm make believe

Just sounded like you were trying to discredit what 1000's of people have done already w/o issue

Old 12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
1st Gear

No I'm just stating that it will never be as good as a full remap as there are many things that can't be changed by fooling the system and there are so many areas in the stock code that can be improved on, fooling the system to change these areas cannot improve non linear maps. That you can't disagree with but it does entirely depend on the setup and the tuner also. For the cost of remapping most people will choose that option as it's the more proven option.

Quick Reply: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install