Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

the stock fpr is angled. To install you just pull the pin and pull it out and reverse the process. Simple but can be a pita sometimes. It is located at the end of the fuel rail. There is a pic of it on the first page.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLITZ...QQcmdZViewItem

you think this would be good for a boost gauge and turbo timer???

Old 04-27-2007, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear

I tried this diode mod a couple months ago, im also chipped, i did this diode mod to stop my a4 from hitting limp after installing my n75J (peaking at 25psi) the4.3 diode did do the job but at full wot the engine sound like it was cutting in and out, only on wot. i removed it all since, drives perfect now no problems,but what and why was my engine sounding like it was cutting in and out, kinda like it was stuttering with the diode and n75j inplace at wot??

Old 04-27-2007, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

as for the MBC i put a bid on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...69848&rd=1

but for the boost gauge... is an electronic one with a turbo timer a good buy for around $100 like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...QQcmdZViewItem

and how did you order the FPR... did you just call one of there dealers and have them ship it?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: TeeterTawter

I tried this diode mod a couple months ago, im also chipped, i did this diode mod to stop my a4 from hitting limp after installing my n75J (peaking at 25psi) the4.3 diode did do the job but at full wot the engine sound like it was cutting in and out, only on wot. i removed it all since, drives perfect now no problems,but what and why was my engine sounding like it was cutting in and out, kinda like it was stuttering with the diode and n75j inplace at wot??
you needed a 4.7v diode not a 4.3v would of worked much better.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: M FLYTT

as for the MBC i put a bid on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...69848&rd=1

but for the boost gauge... is an electronic one with a turbo timer a good buy for around $100 like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...QQcmdZViewItem

and how did you order the FPR... did you just call one of there dealers and have them ship it?
That is the same mbc i have and i love it.

A normal boost gauge is all you need, also a turbo timer can be difficult to install if your not good with wiring.

you can order your fpr from eurospec or one from ecstuning.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 AM
2nd Gear

cincyTT
Date 4/26/2007 10:42:18 PM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: TeeterTawter

[/blockquote]

you needed a 4.7v diode not a 4.3v would of worked much better.
some reason the 4.7v diode kept sending me into limp mode aswell. 4.3v diode seemed to work the best other than the stuttering at full wot.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

ciny tt you sed that you need a map. i have a 99.5 and dont beleive that i have a map but am wondering why exactly you need the map to do this mod. what will the map do differently in the 2000 that it wont do in my 99.5?

ps where did you purchase your HPBC from?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm make believe

The map tells the ecu what boost you are running in 2000+ cars. With the diode it limits what the ecu sees, 4.3v = 11psi or 4.7v = 17psi. The diode is connected to 2 of the 3 wires and limits the voltage, and limits the ecu to only seeing 11psi and allowing you to turn it up over 1bar without throwing it into limp.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:24 AM
1st Gear

so what your saying is that i can do this mod in my 99.5... i just dont need the 4.3v diode?

Quick Reply: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install