Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install

The first part fits well but the back side doesnt follow perfect. You could always just trim the back a little, but i still havnt worried to much about it.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:54 PM
3rd Gear

Nice writeup and now I know that you learn something new everyday.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm make believe

bump for the newbs

Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Guru

ok, i could be off base, but i have heard on the a4 1.8t that if you are going to run a mbc, you should run the n75 as well, either hooked up on just leave the electrical connection, so that if you are boosting too high your car will still hit limp mode and you will know there is something wrong v just running a mbc you will not hit limp and can damage something is this right or wrong with the tt motors?

just a thought as well

there is a pretty decent debate thread that johnnybravo made....... i would say running the h valve for the a4 and mbc would be a great way to turn up the boost and still have the peace of mind that you won't blow anything up

Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm make believe

you will still hit limp, the diode in this thread causes that not to happen by passing 1bar. You can run just a mbc with a chip also, if something triggers limp, you will go into limp regardless of what is controlling boost. So why pay an extra $70-90 for another n75 when you can just run a mbc or inline with the stock one. Replacing the stock peice to run both is by far a huge waste of money!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Guru

ok, so you could disconnect the vac lines for the n75 and hook them to the mbc and run the mbc with the n75 electrically plugged in and hit limp to save the motor?

but i wouldn't take out your n75 cause that could cause problems right?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm make believe

that is correct. i actually just post a pic of mine in that thread about 5mins ago.

** i also have a 1.8t passat that i have put all of the above on and if you think the 01+ (map cars)a4 guys want a right up i can do that with pics.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:05 PM

Wouldnt this be a really bad idea? This would make your car run lean and destroy your cats along with othre things. Not even to mention if you dont have a meter to watch the air/fuel ratio you dont even know what the hell its doing to your car. Could be short term damange or could be damage over time.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 PM

quoting cincy "thenyou need to find the map sensor. It will be attached to the intercooler under the throttle body.
pic on my 180"......Isnt the intercooler on the very bottom of the engine bay at the front of the car on the passenger side no where near the TB

Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: ooantipostoo

quoting cincy "thenyou need to find the map sensor. It will be attached to the intercooler under the throttle body.
pic on my 180"......Isnt the intercooler on the very bottom of the engine bay at the front of the car on the passenger side no where near the TB
This is practically the same as a chip. I know exactly what i can and can not do with my car.

The map sensor is ATTACHED to the intercooler, and it runs up the tb hose which connects the tb and the ic. I have done this more than once and have run it for over a year on my car. So see pics and read, everything i say is accurate and correct.

Quick Reply: Diode Mod, Boost Guage, and MBC Install