Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

detonation issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:42 AM
1st Gear
Default detonation issues

I installed the BM (modshack)yesterday along with all the other stuff (4bar, etc..), and I started to immediately have detonation issues, no matter how much or little the boost was turned up..and I know this isn't supposed to happen. I took the BM off and detonation issues stopped...any ideas what would cause detonation just because boost was increased...yes, it was installed correctly

Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: detonation issues

no idea...never heard of the boost machine causing detonation issues.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

I am running a test pipe, but the O2 sensor hasn't given me any issues with it yet..

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm make believe

the testpipe wont throw a code for 100+ miles if not spaced out or tp code in the chip. not sure why you have an issue with your BM, try a laxitive. Try removing the **** and 4bar, reset the ecu and then install the BM.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

I can't reset the ecu without going to the performance shop and having them mess with the APR 91 program I have in it now..but at least I know for some reason everything works fine until I increase the boost..it's gotta be a fuel, air, or fuel/air mixture issue..this is where the bitch is, finding out where in the hell the problem exactly is..but I think i'll take the advice and at least remove the 4 bar and **** and run the bm and see what that does..

Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm make believe

resetting the ecu just takes undoing the neg part of the battery for about 10mins.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

resetting the ecu just takes undoing the neg part of the battery for about 10mins.
Check that.

Just got back from a few test runs..ran it w/o boost controller and detonation/fluttering/whatever you wanna call it kept happening..so i ran it w/o any modshack whatsoeverand put back 3bar stock fpr and airbox...no detonation issues whatsoever...so then i run it with just the 4bar (no **** or BM), and as I expected, detonation starts to happen again, everytime in 3rd or 4th gear at max boost and about 4-4.3 rpms
Now I'm gonna go run it with the 3bar back in place and the **** (BM still off)on and see what happens. but my suspicion is the 4 bar fpr is the problem. Think this is just a bad fpr?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm make believe

what 4bar are you using? I wouldnt use a **** and 3 bar. Youre risking leaning out the car. You so should of just got a nice mbc and called it a day.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:36 PM
1st Gear

Might have to do that...I'm using the 4bar from modshack. In any case, it ran fine w the ****, stock 3bar and n75..so the issue logically lies with the 4bar. I might just run everything stock now...with the mods I've done so far I'm pushing 20psi w/o a boost controller. I know it seems high but I did several runs with no modshack and it consistently pushes 20psi..hmm

Old 12-11-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm make believe

Your boy Steve takes pride in his "made in Germany" bosch fpr. He even charges like $10-15more for them also. Dont know what to tell ya

Quick Reply: detonation issues