Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Dash bezel help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
1st Gear
Default Dash bezel help...

Hey everybody, if anybody can give me info on how to uninstall my dash bezel I would appreciate it. I can't seem to find anything on the net. I know a lot of people have had a lot of trouble with the display on their dash going out. But before I order a new bezel I wanted to see how much of a pain it would be to uninstall the current one and replace it. Also, if anybody is selling a bezel or knows where to get one relatively cheap (OE or aftermarket) I would really appreciate it. My military duty has kept me away from being able to do all the research myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me with any info you have. Thanks.

-Justin

Old 01-08-2006, 04:59 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Dash bezel help...

If by bezel you mean instrument cluster, its all one piece, it comes out easily, and to replace it out of warantee, its probably around $600.

Need a few torx drivers, take out the screws that hold the lower dash in place (bottom corners of the dash, and under the cover of the fusebox, left side of dash).

That'll get you most of the way thru it, disconnecting the harnesses is easy, just look at them, you'll see how they work, they're kinda like levers.

Oh, to get the cluster out to pull the harnesses, once the 2 screws on the bottom side of the cluster are out, push the top into the dash, and pull the bottom out. You'll need to have your steering wheel pulled all the way out for room.