Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Damage pics. [sigh]

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:13 PM
5th Gear
Default Damage pics. [sigh]

After finally looking at the car in the daylight, its quite apparent that something got bent (so much for that 5.5hour, $470 alignment...).
My pass. front tire just about rubs the back edge of the wheel well. I'm really hoping that replacing either the subframe, or the lower a-arm will fix this situation, because otherwise, insurance is probably gonna want to total the car.
I'm also considering doing as much as the work as I can myself, hopefully this way I can get things changed around a bit in my favor. Like for instance, my pass side intercooler was totally obliterated by the guardrail, and rather than replace it, I might as well push for a front mount. Shredded the fender too, a pair of Osir V1's might look good, with just a little modification.
Anyone know what options there are for complete front bumpers, excluding the kits for the 'new look' fishmouth design?

I'll get some pics up in a few. I took some with my cell phone, I just gotta find my bluetooth thing to upload them to the computer.

This last one... what you're looking at is a couple humps in my floorboard, where the guard rail was hammering at the bottom of the car, pushing it up.

If this car is totalled, I'm done. I refuse to buy another car for more than $1000. Im disgusted with myself to the point where I don't feel like I even deserve to drive this car.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: anyone have a source for the front subframe?

a pair of Osir V1's might look good, with just a little modification.
Allow me to change your mind?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3445559

I do agree they look good but that thread made me think twice about $600 fenders. Maybe not everyone has that hard a time?

Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM

i just got a subframe on e-bay. they pop up once in a while. i had a little dent in mine so i replaced it. The A arm would most likely crack. since it is cast but you never know. here is the lik to the ebay store. he is an Audi dismatler in Canada.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...tsnorthamerica

Old 10-07-2007, 03:08 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the heads up on the fenders, and thanks for the ebay link, i'll keep an eye on that. I was thinking the same thing about the subframe vs. the a-arm, which is why I figured I'd start my work there.