Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Creaking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Default Creaking Noise

My brother-in-law and I are going to be doing the timing belt soon, and while we're under the hood, I was hoping to take care of the creaking noise in my suspension. When hitting bumps in the road, my car squeaks like an old creaky door. Even if i'm going at extremely slow speeds, it still creaks. Any ideas as to how I can figure out what needs replaced to help get rid of the creaking?

Old 07-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Creaking Noise

sway bar bushing.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:53 PM

How would I go about checking that?(i.e. - where's it located?)

Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Old 07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
2nd Gear

my doors sounded like... creaky old doors. This is totally off topic, but if any of your TTs suffer from the same ailment... get them fixed! Don't make the rest of us look bad :P I used Liqui-Moly grease, which I just happened to have laying around with a bunch of Porsche parts in my garage. Works like a charm.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM

Alright, got some pics here.....maybe this will help:

Driver's Side:

Passenger's Side:

Anything look outta the ordinary? I couldn't tell much about driver's side, but I thought passenger's side looked bad....i really don't know though.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

they look like sway bar bushings. I would replace the front control arm bushings. those things are like foam and when they get old... they go to ****. you can get some polyurethane control arm bushings on ECS and ttstuff for fairly cheap too. another option is to go to the modshack.info site and go with the DEFCON kit that already comes with polyurethane bushings for the control arms. not only will you get rid of the creak... but you'll have a super-sweet and super-tight suspension. I cannot wait until I get my DEFCON 1 upgrade.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 PM

Those pics are of the sway bar bushings, just thought i'd take a pic and see if someone would see something that jumped out to em...idk....

Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM

I gave you a link for an AUDI TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN with the exact symptoms you are describing and you're still up in the air on it?

Its a well known problem.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM
3rd Gear

just replaced mine and no more creaking!!! got them from ttstuff.com poly bushings

Quick Reply: Creaking Noise