Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Crankcase vent question

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default Crankcase vent question

I got my GT2X turbo back from ATP today and hopefully it will be re-installed in a couple of days. They also told me to check to make sure the oil wasnt coming from the crankcase vent caused by the high boost. Well this was suppose to be a direct swap turbo and nothing else needed, yeah right. Now I hear that there is something called a crankcase pressure pump that will help keep the oil out somehow. Anyone know anything about this? ANd where is the check valve for the crankcase? Is that the valve just before going back into the intake? Im pretty sure the oil is partly coming from the crankcase vent so I have to get this fixed. Thanks all.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Crankcase vent question

This crankcase vent, where is it located? I have noticed some oil leaking from somewhere along the side of my motor, not much but there is some oil comming from somewhere.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear

I just took my TT to the shop and they found out that I had two leaks. The first on was the cheep plastic dipstick tube had cracked so it was leaking and the second which you guys may want to look into was that I had a bad PCV valve. The said that it was leaking oil into my intake hose and well that sounds like what you are talking abput. Its just a little one way valve that lets air from the crancase out but keeps the oiil in. You can buy one from ecstuning.com the are like 12 bucks i think. Good luck

Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 PM
5th Gear

look for something called a catch can, to use in conjunction with the pcv valve. basically a little canister air/oil vapor swirls around inside it, and it spins the oil out before its returned to your intake.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

do you know a site for this? I think I will replace the valve too but even if that was the problem oil would still be in the hose so I want to keep the oil from getting out of the crankcase. Man for a stock switch turbo upgrade (ATP was full of sh*t) I have had to add a FMIC, bigger injectors and now try to fix this problem. So I have learned that there really isnt such a thing as just switching a higher upgrade without other parts. Lesson learned for me but if I can get this fixed I will be happy with the power I will have. Thanks for your help all.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
5th Gear

http://www.optionimports.com/oilcatchcan.html

heres some, expensive, but this is kinda what you're looking for. Just google 'oil catch can'