Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Of course its happening

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Of course its happening

I would be very interested as well. I've heard of mechanics making special tools, ect.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Site Moderator

Very soon, i have already asked audi if i can share some of my "secrets" I have a bunch of secrets on the 2.7T that would **** off almost any2.7T owner.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

Very soon, i have already asked audi if i can share some of my "secrets" I have a bunch of secrets on the 2.7T that would **** off almost any2.7T owner.
uh oh... please do tell!

so in my attempt to fix the check engine light, I fixed the popping noise... my DP was completely falling apart(just a note to 42 DP owners, check your DP hardware often!!), one of the nuts on a section was completely missing and the others were loose, however the nuts that hold it on the turbo were tight as can be!

so no fix for the CEL yet, but I'll work on it tomorrow as we continue to strip the car.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Site Moderator

Well if your downpipe was falling apart thats probably the source of the lean fault code as well.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

ORIGINAL: auditech79

uh oh... please do tell!

so in my attempt to fix the check engine light, I fixed the popping noise... my DP was completely falling apart(just a note to 42 DP owners, check your DP hardware often!!), one of the nuts on a section was completely missing and the others were loose, however the nuts that hold it on the turbo were tight as can be!

so no fix for the CEL yet, but I'll work on it tomorrow as we continue to strip the car.
That happened twice with mine, where the flex pipe bolts up to after the first o2 sensor. I went out and bought new hardware and it has stayed tight since. Last Thursday the coupler from test pipe to my Borla cat back came loose somehow while I was driving in downtown Seattle.....you shouldhave heard it..WOW. People actually stopped and looked at me like I was crazy! Both sides where just hanging there almost dragging on the ground. Had to jack it up in an alley to put it back together....in dress clothes mind you! These cars, man, it seems something is wrong with mine every month from the axle breaking (twice) to minor stuff like this. I always get it fixed in a day or two but it's just a total hassle.

I LOVE my TT but hate it at the same time... mine is completely unreliable as a daily driver. Today however I bought a 2008 Civic Si coupwith Nav/XM and all the options. Decision was made after the exhaust incident. I love it!! Now I can garage the TT and use it for a weekend warrior and a true project car. Plus it's an 01 225 with only 60k on the dial. This will keep those nasty commuter miles off of it. Good luck with yours!