Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Of course its happening

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear
Default Of course its happening

yeah wouldn't you know it the car decides to start breaking right before I have to try and trade it in. it still has the awful popping/binding feeling from under the car when I first start off from a stop, and now a CEL keeps comming up for "bank 1 system too lean". UGHH I'm not mad that its messing up, just masd that its doing it right before I have to trade the car in and the dealer is not going to want my broken POS TT! [:@]

any ideas? had a new o2 sensor last summer and a new MAF last fall.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Of course its happening

Could be an exhaust leak. Most likely a manifold to turbo gasket. That is if in fact the o2 is still good.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear

would a turbo to DP gasket do that? we were just under the car the other day wiggling stuff around to try and find the binding sound and we might have knocked the DP loose slightly... I've heard they have been known to come loose without the locking nuts that 42 recently started using because of the problem.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm make believe

Its pre o2, so yes.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Its pre o2, so yes.
lol I just realized that afterI posted my question (stupid me)

Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear

well thank you Mr. moderator

Old 03-08-2008, 04:00 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

yeah wouldn't you know it the car decides to start breaking right before I have to try and trade it in. its doing it right before I have to trade the car in and the dealer is not going to want my broken POS TT!
Do you have any idea how little the dealer is going to offer in trade for your 2002 TT? They are going to offend you even if the car is perfect. Duct tape the problem and get rid of it. They are going to wholesale your car anyway.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beachchair

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

yeah wouldn't you know it the car decides to start breaking right before I have to try and trade it in. its doing it right before I have to trade the car in and the dealer is not going to want my broken POS TT! [:@]
Do you have any idea how little the dealer is going to offer in trade for your 2002 TT? They are going to offend you even if the car is perfect. Duct tape the problem and get rid of it. They are going to wholesale your car anyway.

hmm they might question that piece of duct tape over the check engine light lol. yeh there giving me 12K which is about what I owe on the car so it works out fine

Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Site Moderator

You need to replace your sway bar bushings to fix the suspension noise, as well as the strut mount bushings. There is a secret way of replacing the strut mount bushings in about 5 minutes but that requires special hardware thats not legal for me to disclose.
One of these days im gonna start a thread in every section "DEALER SECRETS REVEALED" when audi says i can.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm make believe

or you can send it to me so i can read it and maybe post it

Quick Reply: Of course its happening