Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

A couple of ????'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear
Default A couple of ????'s

Well to start it off it was a pretty nice day out in the windy city in the mid- 40's, so I gave the TT a wash. Ended up spending about 4 hours on it washing waxing vacuming armoraling everything, now i dont even want to take it out of the garage. Well for the question part i have a couple for you guys tonight, one is, there is a cross member in the engine compartment in the back by the windshield i took this out today to get powder coated and i was wondering if the car is still ok to drive without that in? It doesnt look that sturdy so i dont think it will have that big of an effect. The second question is for those guys that are running nitrous in there TT's, how did you do it( button or full throttle kit) how does it work, and has any one tried to put purge valves in the headlight washers? The last question is if I installed the kit from APR for the stage III turbo would i have to rebuild my engine and if i did how much would it cost or how hard is it to do? ( My car has 137K on it)

Thanks Again For Your Responses

Old 02-26-2006, 12:00 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: A couple of ????'s

Nitro?? Why not go for quality tuning products not something that has the potential for ruining your engine?

Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
5th Gear

ditto.

And you can probably drive your car without the strut support, but I would take it easy until its back in. I doubt it truely structural, but it really helps to hold your suspension like it should, so I would stay away from the hard cornering.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:56 AM
3rd Gear

Agree with the above on the strut brace. Not so much so on the nitrous. True a turbo kit would give you the power all the time, but nitrous, if done properly, is no more dangerous than a turbo on a vehicle. I do see one major problem with nitrous on your vehicle thou. To run nitrous safely, you need to pull out around 2 degrees of timing for every 50-75 shot you run. Not quite sure how id go about doing that with the ignition system on the 1.8. Custom tuning perhaps. Having plenty of fuel is the second part of the avoiding disaster with nitrous equation. Thats why a wot switch is a necessity on any street driven system. You dont want to acidentally hit the button at idle. Bad things will happen. Any good nitrous system will include some way to increase fuel pressure in a dry system. In a wet system thats not really a concern as the extra fuel is injected with the nitrous. If you dont really understand all of the items ive metioned above, just go with the turbo upgrade or do some more research or you may be severly disappointed with the results of your nitrous system.