Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

??Coupe or Roadster??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Default ??Coupe or Roadster??

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a 2003 TT however I cannot decide if I want to go for the Coupe or the Roadster.
Any Suggestions??

I like the idea of having a back seat and more storage area just incase I need to have 2 other people in the car with me or need to carry some extra luggage somewhere, but I primarily will probably be traveling alone.

Any thoughts or ideas would be nice!

----
If anyone is in the San Francisco Area and has a TT with Automatic Transmission for sale let me know!
----

Old 06-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Default RE: ??Coupe or Roadster??

I have a 2001 TT roadster, I love it, it's really an eye catcher, and come on, you only need one passenger seat, thats for the chiiiick!!!!

[sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 06-05-2005, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

Amen to that!!! and if anyone is sitting in back they aren't comfortable truthfully.

I own an 01 roadster 5 spd 180hp shaved door handles/emblems, 19" rims w/nitto 555 rubbers
neuspeed air intake borla exaust

suggest the 225 or 250 horse only thing i regret!!!

Learn to drive stick never mind the automatic, although i hear traffic is bad in San Fran.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 AM
2nd Gear

Love my roadster. Nothing better on a nice day than driving topless. Top is easily retractable, and is secure when up.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
4th Gear

love my coupe... easy to just throw crap in the back seat... its not really for people haha... maybe 1 person sideways.... i once had 6 people including me though, what a night...

i think though, that the coupe looks better for this reason... and for all cars that is, when the convertable top is up, the coupe looks way better, top down you cant really compare...

id take coupe

Old 12-22-2007, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

coupe ftw!

the coupe has way nicer flowing lines.
also, i can fit everything i need for school (all my stuff for my dorm) in it.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Coupe by all means

Old 12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm make believe

Coupe if you ever want to carry anything. Since this is my only car, the couple is a much better choice.... plus the lines are better

Oh, and you can only fit 1 other person in your coupe really also, its just abuse if you put someone in the back

Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

I have owned an 01 225 coupe and now own a 01 225 roadster. I have to agree that the coupe is a better looking car, though I love owning a roadster, the coupes lines are like looking at any other great curves, just always making you smile. The roadster in my opinion is a looser vehicle, ie noisier, obivously less refined interior since you are looking up at metal contraption and fabric. I miss the trunk space of the coupe, but yes the seats are a joke, an absolute waste unles you have some pigmy friends (aka people under 5 ft) .
I bought a roadster because I got a good deal, and it is very enjoyable to drive with the top down, and is decent for heat, noise, etc with the top up. The stereo seems worse even though they were both bose as well, and since you have more moving parts (though mine is a manual top) you have more that can and will go wrong. The roadster will be more maintenance (keeping up the rag top, stricter guidelines for parking/storing).
All that said, if this is your households only vehicle, get the coupe. If you want a roadster, I think it is a great choice because hey 225 engine is fun and easily modded, audi is sexatronic, awd (even haldex) is great for me because I live where inclement weather is the standard (plus tearing it up through the twisties is fun), and the drop top is just plain out nice to have, live is short, get what you want and can afford. I really enjoy the vehicle despite its foibles. Another thought, insurance may be higher on a roadster if that is a concern.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

I own a coupe. I'm 6'2" and fit in it cozily, as do my other taller and sometimes heavier friends. I drove a roadster and it didn't seem as spacious for sitting in...like the seat wouldn't go as far back. Other than that, it was fun to drive a topless TT.

The coupe looks better IMO...it also weighs less and can move me out of college even with a giant subwoofer in the trunk.

Quick Reply: ??Coupe or Roadster??