Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Cost to Install Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
1st Gear
Default Cost to Install Shocks

How much to install 4 koni sport shocks?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Default RE: Cost to Install Shocks

From what I've seen its generally about $300-$350 for all 4 corners. Its just a labor charge. you can call anywhere and just ask, how long to install suspension on my TT. They look in their magical book that adds twice the amount of time that it would actually take and quote you that.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear

shocks, springs, badgless grille, front and rear sways was ~ 400, dont forget to add $ for alignment, I would say do the rear sway bar and links at the same time, pretty cheap part (link)

Old 04-16-2008, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

It's not that hard to do it yourself either, just time consuming on the passenger front especially! Don't forget to unhook the rear headlight height adjuster on the driver's rear, otherwise look for another $65..... If you lower it, cut the bump stops correctly, otherwise you will blow your Konis and that is not good!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
4th Gear

He's just asking how much to get shocks/struts installed.
I'd like to know where you heard of bump stops being the cause for blown shocks...
Rear headlight height adjuster... are you kidding me.... this is a joke right? Oh please be a joke!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

Yes we know he is asking for for price, but pretty sure we do not work for a shop therefore we can only give him an estimate or ballpark of what it will cost. And, why not help someone save some $ if someone is somewhat mechanically inclined? Suspension swaps are not difficult and can be done with hand tools in a garage or driveway.

Bump stops, if you lower a car, you need to cut them, and if you cut them too short, you bottom the shock out and will blow them out and lose all the oil inside the shock, where did I hear this from? I hear it everyday I hit a crack on the road as I did this myself, rattle rattle rattle!

As far as rear headlight height adjuster, why do you find this funny? I didn't know cars had these and the sensor arm is attached to the rear suspension by a piece of plastic, that breaks very easily, thus being worthless!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
4th Gear

I'm very well aware of diy projects, after all that is how my suspension was installed.
However, I would not encourage someone to take on a fairly risky project if they did not feel comfortable doing so (I'm thinking that's why they asked for shop estimates).

New springs are supposed to come with new bump stops. You got jerked if you did not receive them.

I asked if you were kidding, because there is no reason to drop the trailing arm that much.
Use a engine/transmission jack to hold it in place.
The rear springs come out quiet easily, and don't require much room to be decompressed.
That was all.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

Well see, when I did my swap I didn't have a spring compressor and everyone was closed, so I still got the stockers out! I kinda forgot about te compressor part. And I have never gotten new bump stops with any springs I have ever bought, Eibach or H&R, have always had to cut the stockers!