Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Completed battery relo pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Completed battery relo pics

tailfighter, I have a remote pull not installed yet. Basically a 4 foot cable with a T handle on the end, that can be run outside the car for track use, but I havent decided where to put it, and Id rather not have some dillhole pull it when my car is parked in a parkinglot somewhere. You know somebody will, theres always somebody....

techbod... never advertised it as a mod only that I relocated the battery, and gave a quick how-to to go with it. The intent isnt for airflow for the filter, the intent was to even out some weight, and give me room for my water/methanol pump/tank. Im sure the latent heat of evaporation of the alcohol my car will soon be ingesting will far offset whatever the temperature is of the underhood air.

Not to mention, w/o a pretty good scoop, air is going to take the path of least resistance, which probably isnt up some silly pipe toward my filter.

Maybe Ill throw some washers under the brackets for the hood hinges. Go for some cowl induction, or extra cowl induction, since Im already running w/o the weather gasket across the top of the firewall.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM

? say what you mean to say and don’t quote others, your post is disturbing to say the least because it means nothing to those not computer savey, I am savey so your post points to other comments on this issue and its just not acceptable in that format

Old 06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear

haha,nice install, much cleaner than your weird code post about it &lt\\;IMG src=&quot\\;https://www.audiforums.com/image/s13...mp\\;nbsp\\;we should meet up again before a year passes haha and do some beer and wings. I dont think anythigns new with my car other than cosmetic upgrades, need to do brakes soon unfortunately i think, but replacement is the oppurtunity to upgrade :-) nothing much for me in that sense though because of $ and it being strictly street. crazy how much room is free once you pull the airbox and battery.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
5th Gear

right....i didnt type that crap as my edit at the end states. i have no clue why its doing that&lt\\;\\\\\\;br&gt\\;\\\\\\;

post above fixed.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
5th Gear

wtf&lt\\;\\\\\\;br&gt\\;\\\\\\;&lt\\;\\\\\\;br&gt\ \;\\\\\\;&lt\\;\\\\\\;br&gt\\;\\\\\\;&lt\\;\\\\\\; br&gt\\;\\\\\\;

And fixed some more.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

yeah, I know about people flicking those. I had one on my DSM. This ’car-knowledgeable’ guy who has a pretty awesome 240 said &quot\\;Oh look, a kill switch. I wonder if it’s hooked up&quot\\; then flicks it off. I said &quot\\;WTF did you do? Goddamit!&quot\\; All my tuning settings were lost and I had to limp home... with 950cc injectors.&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\ \;

Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

you're getting the weird code stuff too!!!

If I can find a place outside the car that looks clean, I'll install it, and put a cotter key thru the T handle so that its a little discouraging to try to pull it. I can always remove it at the track.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 PM
5th Gear

Oh, Random... I have the ECS brake retractor kit, lemme know when you wanna do your brakes, you can borrow it, or I can bring it and help. Assuming no bolts are stripped/seized, I could have the fronts replaced faster than some people can change a tire. Those people were really dumb (argued which way lug nuts go on), but that's not the point....