Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: 180 intercooler setup
No interest
33.33%
air to water setup (stock look)
48.15%
Single side vertical flow setup
7.41%
normal strait through design, unlike stock
14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cincy's been playing, IC content - UPDATE W/ PICS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:39 PM

I used a PWR barrel cooler. it is the 4"x8" unit with a big radiator in the front. I got the pump from a marine shop and it has been working great. I definitely see a big difference in pressure drop coming from a large FMIC. i love the fact that the pwr has a straight through design.

http://www.pwr-performance.com/intercooler.htm

Old 09-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Site Moderator

Awesome! But it sort of creeps me out when you refer to yourself in 3rd person member name

Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm make believe

Here are some pics of the setup as it stands. Need to replace the pancake pipe and everything is pretty much a go. Should have the new peice very soon. However, my car is still fighting me to start so that takes priority . Anyways.... pics, and yes the light fits back in, just didnt feel like messing with it

Attached Thumbnails Cincy's been playing, IC content - UPDATE W/ PICS-dsc03200.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm make believe

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

I think i may have found another core that will fit even better and lower the cost another $50 overall. The end tank is shaped a little different and will allow me to push the core back a tiny bit which will be nice. Its a win win.

Man im so stoked to get this up and running personally. If this works as i hope, people will only have to change one pipe, plus the core and rad are simple to mount. Should be far easier to install than completely changing every pipe from turbo to manifold since you have to line everything up just right. Not to mention the piping length is rather short

Old 09-28-2008, 02:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

was it the same setup as the w2a thread u threw up at whoretex? that core?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm make believe

That one is the same as the above. I havent bought one yet but plan on using those since the entank is shaped better for the car. This will allow me to put the pipe replacing the pancake pipe up next to the plastic cover by the TB and more clearance for our bumpers. Should fit a mkiv really well since they have way more space down there than we do. You know you want one of these!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm make believe

Little update. The larger core like the one shown above will fit, but im going to have to modify one of the end tanks so i can hopefully get it to fit w/o trimming the wheel well cover and maybe even connect it to the pancake pipe. At worst it should clear the wheel well cover or have minimum trimming.

I also just received a new smaller core that will slide right in to place and so far doesnt need any trimming. I will hopefully have that conclusion tonight if i dont get hit up by a crap load of trick or treaters! This core will be a perfect solution for those looking to either remain stock turbo or even go up to a 28rs or a mild 2871r on pump.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:43 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by precision tt
I used a PWR barrel cooler. it is the 4"x8" unit with a big radiator in the front. I got the pump from a marine shop and it has been working great. I definitely see a big difference in pressure drop coming from a large FMIC. i love the fact that the pwr has a straight through design.

http://www.pwr-performance.com/intercooler.htm

I discovered barrel coolers quite a while ago, and then looked and looked, and couldn't find anything again. Thats definitely the way I'd go.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm make believe

there pwr barrel setups will cost you around $1500 when all said and done

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 PM
5th Gear

$500 for the intercooler and...? I have a heat exchanger, hoses are cheap, and I can could probably have someone drop a pump off within the hour. $1500 is a bit high.

Quick Reply: Cincy's been playing, IC content - UPDATE W/ PICS