Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Cincy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Cincy...

ORIGINAL: RedTTQ

I've received word from Arnold at pagand this is what he can do... Just wanted your opinion. He thinks this kit will make 340whp on pump gas.

Here is what I can do w/ a GT30 family based turbo...

manifold
GT3071R .64ar internal (this is more of a custom turbo that I do)
oil feed line kit
oil return line kit
GT restrictor
coolant line kit
3" SS DP
3" Inlet piping set
mounting stud kit
630cc injector set
intank fuel pump kit
software
charge hose w/ tbolt clamps (180hp version only)

4095 for the above. If you had something else in mind, like an externally
gated setup, let me know, but this is a very nice, solid performer

That is a great setup. the t25 .64 would spool a little faster than a t3 .63 so you should be able to cut down a few extra rpms that way. Also you dont have the extra hookup, cost, or sound by going extrernal wastegate. Plus when he says its his special turbo set up, its made better for our engines to increase spool times and still give plenty of power. Im sure this setup has been proven several times and is a safe estamate on power. This would be a much better way to go than the Del Rio Kit imho.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: PCBOI808@HOTMAIL.COM

in reply to smkn951no one has done the diode mod on the 225 . Cincy has informed me that we would need a 4.4v diode which is pretty hard to find.the 4.4v diode would trick the car to seeing a max of 14.4psi not sending it into limp . hope that helps and if you do find a 4.4 diode and do the mod tell us how it goes.
like he said, we still havent come across one to even attempt it.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Jays TT

I know this is a stupid question but I havent been on here long. How does Cincy Know all he knows? Is he a master tech on audi and vw or whats the deal? lol

Just wondering....

If hes the man to talk to I have a few questions myself :P
Im just a tuner like everyone else here. I have learned what i know form other tuners/forums and from plenty of hands on experience.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Jays TT

OK well here is a question.

Apr Chip gave me around 22 psi peak. 24 pounds if I disconnect the battery for about 5 min.

When I added the J valve I got a consistant 24-25 pounds. Some peaks at 26 then I would hit limp.

So can you trick it to do more if you had a chip and a diode?

Just wondering what the max I can get out of a K04 turbo on a 180 Quattro. Im just looking for that extra umph! I know a larger intercooler would help too but what about fuel injectors? What can be upgraded? for less than 1000 bucks?
Problem is that you swapped into a turbo that is practically the same size as a ko3s. your not going to get any more power running it at 26psi than you will at 23-24psi. First, limit the boost so you dont hit limp, add a intercooler (either smic or fmic) and adding w/m inj would make a huge benifit also. No need to upgrade injectors, use what the sw is written for.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: andrei

is it just meor Cincy is a little shy...
He prob answered in PMs so i don't get to read the answers[&o]... fine, i see how it is.
been busy

Old 09-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Big_Al_TT
He did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...............
STALKER!!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: RedTTQ

I've received word from Arnold at pagand this is what he can do... Just wanted your opinion. He thinks this kit will make 340whp on pump gas.

Here is what I can do w/ a GT30 family based turbo...

manifold
GT3071R .64ar internal (this is more of a custom turbo that I do)
oil feed line kit
oil return line kit
GT restrictor
coolant line kit
3" SS DP
3" Inlet piping set
mounting stud kit
630cc injector set
intank fuel pump kit
software
charge hose w/ tbolt clamps (180hp version only)

4095 for the above. If you had something else in mind, like an externally
gated setup, let me know, but this is a very nice, solid performer

That is a great setup. the t25 .64 would spool a little faster than a t3 .63 so you should be able to cut down a few extra rpms that way. Also you dont have the extra hookup, cost, or sound by going extrernal wastegate. Plus when he says its his special turbo set up, its made better for our engines to increase spool times and still give plenty of power. Im sure this setup has been proven several times and is a safe estamate on power. This would be a much better way to go than the Del Rio Kit imho.
Yeah my only concern was a MAF and he said a VR6 housing would work. I've been researching myself and this does seem like a really good setup.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm make believe

You just need the housing and i think you can even run the setup w/o a MAF also.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
1st Gear

cincytt,
ok here i go again.
on a diode for the 225 tt a 4.4 zener and no one has done this.
1. do you happen to have the theory on how this would work on a 225.
2. risky as no one has ever tried it, maybe due to not to many facts and numbers prove it can be done.

when tricking the ecu to see 14.4psi of boost, what is the max boost a 225 can handle.
are there any other safety that it'll trigger, before i blow up my engine......?
PCBOI808@HOTMAIL.COM
are you being sarcastic? i'm new and i've been taking everyone seriously and literally here. please let me know and i'd leave the diode mod alone.

if not then, i have a friend that is very well versed in electronics and said he may be able to do something, but started asking for diode wattage single or dual he lost me.....
he's pretty good with electronics so if i give him the facts he may be able to do some calculations for me and see if it's even worth the effort.

thanks. and remember i'm a noobie so take it easy........

Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm make believe

on a diode for the 225 tt a 4.4 zener and no one has done this.
1. do you happen to have the theory on how this would work on a 225. Would work the same as a 180 if you can find the right diode.
2. risky as no one has ever tried it, maybe due to not to many facts and numbers prove it can be done. The thing is no one has found a 4.4v 1w diode to try it. You could probably use a 4.3v diode and limit the boost with a mbc (you wont be able to use the n75 otherwise you would probably boost much higher), but the missing 3psi that the ecu isnt seeing my cause some problems. If some one wants to try it, feel free, its far from a perminate mod.

when tricking the ecu to see 14.4psi of boost, what is the max boost a 225 can handle.
are there any other safety that it'll trigger, before i blow up my engine......? The engine can more than handle the stock turbo, mainly it should hold ~320ft lbs depending on when in the rpms it peaks.

PCBOI808@HOTMAIL.COM
are you being sarcastic? i'm new and i've been taking everyone seriously and literally here. please let me know and i'd leave the diode mod alone. - Yes, like he and i have both said, no one has found a 4.4v diode yet.

if not then, i have a friend that is very well versed in electronics and said he may be able to do something, but started asking for diode wattage single or dual he lost me..... 4.4v 1w zener diode is what your looking for
he's pretty good with electronics so if i give him the facts he may be able to do some calculations for me and see if it's even worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Cincy...