Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Central Locking problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Central Locking problems

I have a 2003 TT Quattro - fab car which was my mums. She never had any problems with it and for a few months neither did I. However it has developed a problem with the central locking which I am struggling to solve.
When the car has been left locked for a few days I can’t unlock it using the buttons. I have to put the key in the lock, unlock and then lock it again and this activates the red flashing lights on the door. Then the key fob will almost always work - well one of them will anyway. The other one not so much. I have changed the batteries in the key fobs and followed the instructions from the manual about resetting the locking system using key turns etc, I know about the “London setting” and have read as much as I can find on the forums but I can’t find a solution to this. Is it the key fobs that need recoding? Is the locking unit failing? Could it be a fuse? Is it related in any way to the rear window heat or radio (some cars have reduced range for locking when these are faulty) is it witchcraft and can it be fixed? And how? And where?
I got the Haynes manual but it doesn’t really cover this from what I can see....all help appreciated 🙂