Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Car for a teen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Car for a teen?

ORIGINAL: JettaRedII

ORIGINAL: beachchair

You are talking two different classifications of cars and owners. The C320 owner most likely can't change a tire, and may remember to take the car in for required service. The older TT owner most likely is a car enthsiast and drives the car harder, but does more than the required maintenance. Which you think is better is up to you. The Audi is not "unreliable and poorly built" you are just on a forum of knowledgeable enthusiasts, who work on their own cars and are sharing their experiences.
HEY! Who you callin' OLD? Just because I have kids older than a lot of folks here doesn't make me old! (And, yeh, I take excellent care of my car, but run her hard.)
You know, I thought this might happen before I submitted my response. What I meant to say referred to people that own older TT's. Never intended to call out anyone because of their age. No disrespect. I'm not as young as I used to be either.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: fr0st m0nkey

@exTTreme: How much do you think insurance is going to cost? I can honestly say they probably won't care because I do very well scholastically (3.67 avg, sophomore in junior college at 17), but if it's going to cost them an arm and a leg I might reconsider.
Why don't you ask your insurance company?

You're young and inexperienced, so let me give you some advice that is going to serve you well in life. Get answers to your questions from someone who can authoritatively and definitively answer your questions. Asking someone here (unless they are your insurance company) how much insurance is going to cost is meaningless because no one here is your insurer.

With anything in life, don’t rely on opinions when you can get facts. Save opinions for the time when facts don’t matter.

There is a difference between asking, "Is insurance expensive?" and "How much is it going to cost me for insurance?". People can give you opinions to the first question, but only the person or company insuring you can answer the second.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:10 AM
1st Gear

My insurance at 19 was 389 every month with a perfect driving record and having my license since age 15 that was also with millitary discount and a drivers improvement course discount best way to find out would be to call your insurance company and ask them a estimate if you were to buy the car

Old 05-13-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

I'm 24 yrs old w/ a midlife crisis, then, cuz I don't fit a whole lot into the "enthusiast" category. I'm only mildly capable of calling myself mechanically enclined.

Where are all these girls that want to go for a ride?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ that's fcking absurd!

age 16 - 1985 Toyota Corolla(AE86)/Celica GT- $119/mo
age 19 - 2002 Toyota Celica GTS - $170/mo
age 21 - 2001 Audi TT - $150/mo

all on State Farm Insurance.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Site Moderator

It's already $211 (I believe) as it is so I guess it'll be fine. Anybody want to help me find a nice one on craigslist or something around Stockton, CA (95207) for around 10-13k?
Eww, you live in Stockton!? Man now ifeel bad for you. You know Stockton was rated the 2nd worst city in the US to live in right behind Detroit right? Your insurance rates are gonna go through the roof!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
1st Gear

Age 16 = 1956 chevy pickup -80 a month - state farm
age 17 = 1995 dakaota 4x4 (318 magnum V8 not the V6) - 125 a month - state farm
age 19 = 2001 TT - 389 a month - progressive
age 21 = same TT - 35.99 a month ( 82 if I bump it up to full coverage) - gieco

Some factors that raised my TT insurance when I first got it was the year gap in insurance my first policy that wasnt on my parents acount and of course age of driver

Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

no offense or anyhting but if you think audis have problems...i wouldnt buy a mercedes lol....badd electrical probelms...which are allways a bitch to trace...i got my tt when i was 18 (19 now) have done all my own work. never any big problems. just normal wear and tear.and i bought mine used off ebay with 78k..biggest job was the clutch sine the guy before me probably popped it a 6 grand on a daily basis..but i think its very reliable...and not expensive if you do your own work....plus the tt is damn sexy lol

Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM

It's already $211 (I believe) as it is so I guess it'll be fine. Anybody want to help me find a nice one on craigslist or something around Stockton, CA (95207) for around 10-13k?
autotrader is your friend. thats how i found mine. just keep looking till you find the one that calls your name....

i already started the search for you brother:

autotrader search around stockton::::

and heres the best one on that page to check out, just get the Tbelt changed and you'll be all set:

pretty sweet one for 12K::::::

also nice:

i don't personally like roadsters but this one looks clean:::

Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm make believe

also its FAR better to buy one from a dealer since you are able to fight with them more if something isnt up to where it should be.

Quick Reply: Car for a teen?