Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Car for a teen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Car for a teen?

I think i just threw up in my mouth [:'(]

Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: fr0st m0nkey

Also, I'd like to apologize. I was in a bad mood for the majority of yesterday and became really hostile after fighting with my girlfriend, so I took it out on you guys. I'm sorry for being an ***, I just didn't take the initial responses like they were intended.
don't worry about that dogg, because as soon as you get a TT you will have no shortage of ladies wanting a ride....

Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 PM
1st Gear

With the right tires the TT is very good in the snow/ice on some well past there prime falken's ( the bands were showing through the rubber ) I had more control in the snow then my 4x4 Dakota running all weather traction tires.

I'm to lazy to hit quote but this is in response to your mention of ocasional snow trips

Also I've owned my car since I was 19 and the oil changes have been cheap compared to insurance so if you havent already I would check with your insurance and see what they quote you my insurance on a clean driving record was as much as my car payment per month when i first got my TT.

If you do decide against the TT a cadilac with the northstar V8 is still flashy has good gas mileage and lots of power and should be nicer to your insurance ( test drive one you'll love it )

Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Site Moderator

LOL! Cincy's on a rant! [sm=rant.gif]I feel the same way though, he seems like a smart kid, but he lacks experience and is ignorant to the advice that is given to him. Typical teenager. [:@]

Old 05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
5th Gear

I redirect my mid-life crisis statement from all old guys, to all old guys but XCLR8TT... ; )

That man drive his TT probably harder than the rest of the forum combined. Who else's TT is a track only car? Much respect for that buddy, I hope to someday be in that position. I was just talking to someone about that tonight.
Getting the car ready pretty quickly at least, another $9,000 and all repairs and the loan will be paid off, I'll buy a beater rabbit for the road, and move the TT to the next level.

But seriously, I unfortunately see many more mid life crisis drivers than enthusiasts, but I guess if all drivers were enthusiasts, they wouldn't be enthusiasts anymore, we'd all just be drivers.
I just with the mid-life guys would do a little better with the maintenance, so I don't have to have so many headaches.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Thank you to Murderface, very informative read. Also, how can I tell if they're using the original TB?

@exTTreme: How much do you think insurance is going to cost? I can honestly say they probably won't care because I do very well scholastically (3.67 avg, sophomore in junior college at 17), but if it's going to cost them an arm and a leg I might reconsider.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Site Moderator

Anything turbo charged is gonna drive up the insurance cost, especially anyone under 25. I would say your looking at $200 a month for full coverage, it may be less if your in a state that isn't heavily populated.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 AM
5th Gear

TT's are suprisingly cheap to insure! Look at my track record, I've got points on my license, I've totalled the 2 cars in 3 years, and I pay $1600 a year. There are some guys here paying waay less than that with a clean(er) record.
They're safe cars, and they're not considered 2 seaters. Two things working in your favor.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

It's already $211 (I believe) as it is so I guess it'll be fine. Anybody want to help me find a nice one on craigslist or something around Stockton, CA (95207) for around 10-13k?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 AM
SoCal Crew Member

my insurance on my TT is cheaper than my Celica GTS.

Quick Reply: Car for a teen?