Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

car needs pads and rotors, suggestions?...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Default car needs pads and rotors, suggestions?...

my rotors look just as used up as my brake pads and now the edge of the caliper or brake pad (hard to tell) is rubbing up against the very edge of the rotor (its hard to describe but the area where the pad meets the rotor is worn in). My brake pads have probably 1/8" left of life in them so they need changing as well. Im looking through my summit catalogue and it asks if my pads come with the sensor but i have no idea if it does. Would you guys know? there no light inside the car indicating i need to change the pads but its pretty damned obvious LOL anyways, also, which brand pads and rotors do you guys suggest? Im looking for an affordable upgrade from stock but not full on race pads that are all loud. My brother has some race brakes on his cobra and that thing squeaks like mad! it sounds like a bus when it stops LOL so any help would be appreciated!

Old 06-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm make believe

www.ecstuning.com
www.mjmautohaus.com
www.getcoolparts.com

All great places to get new brakes. Pick up some plain replacement rotors and then some decent pads from mintex, hawk, or pbr. Better stopping than stock and with less dust. Shouldnt spend more than $100 in parts.

2k FWD do not have sensors

Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM

ceramic pads will save you a lot of wheel cleaning and pitting removal.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
5th Gear

You'll have more wear on the inside pad than on the outside, so don't judge by what you see without crawling under the car.

Last brake pads I bought for the TT were Ferodo pads. DS2500 I think they were. Got them from raceshopper.com. Not sure you'll find prices on their site, when I bought them they were actually below cost enough that they couldn't post prices. I like Ferodo, RallyVT aka, the factory Subaru team (literally 100 yards from where I work) uses em, and my friend Orhan (aka, the Turk), who drives WRC for Ford in Europe likes em.

They DO make a little noise when you're only doing light braking, but nothing that ever bothered me, and when you stand on them, they certainly grip.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 PM
5th Gear

Oh yeah, since I have it right in front of me, and incase raceshopper still isn't listing prices for the DS2500 pads, the phone number for them is 800-733-8380

Old 06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear

I got the Mintex Redbox at the 62k mark.

They seem ok but with the usual amount of brake dust.

Rotors were turned is all they needed.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Great place to get Rotors and pads... are

www.thettshop.com
and
www.ecstuning.com
ECS has a few really good Replacement SETS... with rotors and pads... Click Here
ECS also has a good selection of Big Brake kits... (if you wanna check em out, click the stage on the column @ left side of page (Stage 1 thru Stage 5)

at TheTTshop.com... they have good rotors and pads as well, but seperately... but you have to get the Rotors seprerate from the Pads
I recommend the EBC Pads, Ive used the RedStuff for years... Probably gonna try out the Yellowstuff pads soon... but they're great.

fyi... thettshop is located in the UK... but they're really good; Ive ordered from them many times... from the US and from Korea (both shipped via United States Postal Service) and I usually received stuff from them quicker than many places in the US

Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

We can get you all of the above prices and I should be able to beat all of them. Give us a call (443)242-6436

Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

^^ Wow.. even better

Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 AM

Ya I just bought a tt and I gotta get rotors and pads too , how much would it cost labor wise at a audi dealership

Quick Reply: car needs pads and rotors, suggestions?...